GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Superpro 22mm sway bars?

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I ordered a SuperPro 22mm RSB kit for my MK7 GTI. Looking to neutralize the handling and reduce under-steer during track events. Is 22mm enough or would a 24 / 25mm be preferred?

Last edited:

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
While the Superpro might be adjustable it is close to the size of the PP rear sway. I only autocross occasionally and have the non adjustable solid H&R 24mm and the car could be considered neutral; only other suspension mods are Eurocode front and rear chassis strut bars. You could try looking into a slightly bigger adjustable semi hollow. Hopefully someone with more suspension knowledge can add their thoughts. Also check out CliffR’s build thread for some suspension info.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I have been shopping RSB's and pulled the trigger on the H&R 24mm, the runner up was the SuperPro. Why? Well, it looked like a good number of people have the H&R RSB's and love them. I put my dollars down on something that came with a number of recommendations, simply put. While I was at it, I also got Moog end links to replace the OE plastic ones. Again, did it based solely on numerous recommendations. Will see how this all comes together with the other suspension mods already done. Should have this installed by Thursday so will update after giving it a drive...

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I have been shopping RSB's and pulled the trigger on the H&R 24mm, the runner up was the SuperPro. Why? Well, it looked like a good number of people have the H&R RSB's and love them. I put my dollars down on something that came with a number of recommendations, simply put. While I was at it, I also got Moog end links to replace the OE plastic ones. Again, did it based solely on numerous recommendations. Will see how this all comes together with the other suspension mods already done. Should have this installed by Thursday so will update after giving it a drive...
Let me know, Right now I am looking at returning the 22mm RSB and going with H&R or 034 RSB. I also am getting APR roll control springs after talking to the guys at USP Motorsports today. They told he based on how I what the car to handle these are my best options with just RSB and springs. I like a smooth ride (daily driver), but still want to do occasional track days.

Wade_GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI S 6M
I’ve got the 24mm h&r rsb and can confirm it’s daily driver friendly.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Holy crap. Just noticed Deanjet that you're from Hollywood, FL. I grew up there! East Hollywood, twin lakes area. Just had a shit-ton of memories flood into my tiny brain!

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Holy crap. Just noticed Deanjet that you're from Hollywood, FL. I grew up there! East Hollywood, twin lakes area. Just had a shit-ton of memories flood into my tiny brain!
I live next to Presidential Circle, been working at the Ft. Laud airport for longer than I care to admit.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
OK, got the RSB in and first impressions are good. The car is flatter through the turns, feels like its more adjustable in the turns but this is a very limited experience so far. Over uneven choppy asphalt you can feel the rear is stiffer as it sways a little side to side but nothing you would notice normally (I am truly anal about this shit as its my DD). The install was done by a local suspension shop and he was done in less than an hour. No squeaks of any kind (which I have read some others including 034 have this issue). Can't wait to track in the Spring! That's all for now. Cheers.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
BTW, I went to Chaminade-Madonna growing up... I'm old though. Went there when it was still an all-boys Catholic College Prep, use to sneak into Madonna to try and impress the ladies and not get caught by the nuns! They merged the year after I graduated.

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
BTW, I went to Chaminade-Madonna growing up... I'm old though. Went there when it was still an all-boys Catholic College Prep, use to sneak into Madonna to try and impress the ladies and not get caught by the nuns! They merged the year after I graduated.
No way! My older daughter graduated from there, I live just a mile away from the school. My other daughter is now attending St. Thomas. Let me know if you are ever in the area. I have decided to just put the Superpro 22mm on for now. If it's not enough for track days I will upgrade to the 034 RSB.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
OK, got the RSB in and first impressions are good. The car is flatter through the turns, feels like its more adjustable in the turns but this is a very limited experience so far. Over uneven choppy asphalt you can feel the rear is stiffer as it sways a little side to side but nothing you would notice normally (I am truly anal about this shit as its my DD). The install was done by a local suspension shop and he was done in less than an hour. No squeaks of any kind (which I have read some others including 034 have this issue). Can't wait to track in the Spring! That's all for now. Cheers.
Let us know how it feels in slippery conditions.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Did it eliminate the understeer?

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Eliminate? No. Lets face it, we have FWD vehicles. Is it more neutral through turns? Yes. Do I have less understeer? Yes. Bottom line is it feels more controllable through the turns, more adjustable if that makes sense.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
SuperPro 22mm RSB on sale at USP Motorsports for $161 shipped.