GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sunvisor safety label

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
get a prescription for Clomipramine. You may get a free sticker that says "My kid is being treated for OCD" use that to cover air bag sticker.

:)

Mud

tigeo

Autocross Champion

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Acetone and a sponge. 2 minute applied pressure, sticker should lift off in one piece.

Rubbing alcohol will eventually do the trick, but as you see above, takes some time.

Were you successful in removing it using acetone? Rubbing alcohol did not work for me. Soaked for quite some time.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I soaked a rag in rubbing alcohol and let it sit on top for a few hours. Was able to get most of the glue off after. Still a discoloration though :(
+1, this worked perfectly for me. One soak to get 95% of the sticker off, and a last soak to clean up random residue. Gotta use that sweet, sweet 91% isopropyl for optimal removal.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
How long did you let it sit?
I didn't really time it. Just laid it down and went and kept working on the car for something else. Maybe 15 min each time?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
+1, this worked perfectly for me. One soak to get 95% of the sticker off, and a last soak to clean up random residue. Gotta use that sweet, sweet 91% isopropyl for optimal removal.

Might have to try this when I'm bored. I have some overspray on my visors as well from what I can only assume is some crazy glass cleaner the dealer that I bought it from had used. Maybe it will knock it all off haha.

Are you all removing the visor from the headliner to do this, or just plastering a soaked sponge up on the visor?