GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunroof shade keeps sliding back when driving. Any fix?

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
So like the tittle says my sunroof shade keeps sliding open when I drive around. Not sure what's going but has anyone else experience this? If so does anyone have any recommendation to fixing this?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
He did one with felt too

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
So like the tittle says my sunroof shade keeps sliding open when I drive around. Not sure what's going but has anyone else experience this? If so does anyone have any recommendation to fixing this?
There's a tech bulletin from VW on this. Dealer trimmed the bump stops for the shade at no charge. I had them give me the felt to put on myself since the trim did the job so far in keeping it from sliding back.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
There's a tech bulletin from VW on this. Dealer trimmed the bump stops for the shade at no charge. I had them give me the felt to put on myself since the trim did the job so far in keeping it from sliding back.
Do you have the tab number to share? I’m trying to get a better understanding of what you mean by having bump stops trimmed.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Do you have the tab number to share? I’m trying to get a better understanding of what you mean by having bump stops trimmed.
Same. Having this issue and if there is a tsb for it would love to reference it when I take it in for the first service.

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
This basically worked for me: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...sunroof-squeak-and-armrest-rattle-fix.380798/

I made a couple modifications to the original instructions that helped further:

1. Added a thin strip of adhesive felt tape to the tops of the rubber bumpers to keep them from sticking to the plastic part of the shade:

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

2. I added a second pair of rubber bumpers to *back* of the sunroof frame on either side; this serves the same function as in the front to vertically support the shade when it's in the rear (pulled back) position (same felt tape added to the tops as the front):

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
My 2015 never did this, however my 2019 does this constantly. It feels as though the slider isnt going far enough forward as well.

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB
So I did the "stop block trim" mod as ref'd in other thread above, and also the felt thing. I tried "negative" (fluffy side) velcro, but it didn't do much if anything at all. I got these thicker rubber Scotch things and they are perfect. "Docking" is positive and doesn't slip.

1633999866932.png