GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunken Treasures - Bronze/Gold Rim Appreciation Thread

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I swapped my wheels out for the Austin's for the winter, did not want to test it. They are 17mm 60 degree conical seat lugs, 14x1.5 , 27mm long bolts. I am using fastco brand part number 60513CBK on awside auto which is where I ordered from.

Ok so you were expecting them to not hold up well in the winter.

Thanks for the info on the other hardware!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
VMR V803s powdercoated Pine Brass... Dark Bronze with yellow and gold flakes

Love the wheels! What setup do you have for your suspension?

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone with bronze Fast FC04s, how did they hold up through the winter?

Fastwheels.ca says they’re not winter friendly. Whereas the titanium finish FC04s are.

Also, what types of bolts (ball / conical)?

They're bronze painted, I think, as rock chips appear on them. Not too many, but still, they're there. I got a few through the summer, and I really wouldn't want to test them out in the winter, given all of the gravel that they put in the roads out here.

I kept my stock VW wheels and threw Hakk 8s on them. They've become my winter setup, and work pretty well.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I need to get a decent pic of my Night Blue GTI with bronze Ultraleggeras. Can't wait to post

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Just do it already!

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
18x8.5 from Option Lab

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I swapped my wheels out for the Austin's for the winter, did not want to test it. They are 17mm 60 degree conical seat lugs, 14x1.5 , 27mm long bolts. I am using fastco brand part number 60513CBK on awside auto which is where I ordered from

ECS doesn’t seem to offer a 27mm and I’d like to order all the accessories from the same place for convenience sake. Will 30mm work ok?

I may have asked...do the OEM bolt caps fit?

And what about the wheel center caps? Any idea what size they are? Would prefer to swap in OEM or other caps.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
ECS doesn’t seem to offer a 27mm and I’d like to order all the accessories from the same place for convenience sake. Will 30mm work ok?

I may have asked...do the OEM bolt caps fit?

And what about the wheel center caps? Any idea what size they are? Would prefer to swap in OEM or other caps.

30mm should work fine. I'm looking for the locking lugs I bought because I think those were 28mm but I need to verify first. The lady bought them for me on my birthday so I have to do some digging to find the part number. The shortest ones I can find on ECS's website was 28mm (ECS Part#2795759) so I have an inkling thats the size I have, unless they discontinued any shorter ones

I don't know the answer to the latter of the two questions but I can find out tonight when I get home. It depends on the size of the head on the lug bolts you get if the caps will fit on them. I never tried the OEM caps on the wheels, the Fast FC04 caps looks nice

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thx. Much appreciated.

Ok, so you went with black bolts, no bolt caps. And used the provided center caps.

Edit: And 225/40 Sumitomo HTR (re-reading old posts).

How do they fit flush wise? I’m thinking about 5mm rear spacers.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Thx. Much appreciated.

So you went with black bolts, no bolt caps. And used the provided center caps.

Which tires again?

How do they fit flush wise? I’m thinking about 5mm rear spacers.

No problem. Flush fit looks perfect IMO. This is the best photo I can find for showing fitment of my car, no spacers. Black bolts, no caps, and black locking lugs (1 on each wheel). Sumitomo HTR ZIII's OEM tire specs

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Wow. Beat me to the edit of my last post. Lol

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Wow. Beat me to the edit of my last post. Lol

Lol no problem, happens to me all the time. Slow day at work today so I've got my eyes on the forums like a hawk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Lol no problem, happens to me all the time. Slow day at work today so I've got my eyes on the forums like a hawk

I should get out of bed and get to work. Haha

Good call on the summer tire setup. I’m considering the same but would likely go with Indy 500s. Keep the Austin/Hankook all seasons for winter. Don’t really need true snow tires here.

Good pricing on wheel/tire combos at pmctire, 1010tires, and others.

How are those tires in the wet?