GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Summer tires

qomn

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi NE members!

Around what time of year do you usually throw on your summer tires? Today is definitely an outlier but it's definitely starting to get at least a bit warmer. I'm just excited to get my car new shoes!

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
below 40 degrees is where i really notice summer tires sucking. so average lows above that is probably a safe bet. Mid-late april maybe?

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Those who have been around a bit know it can still snow significantly in early April. I tend to wait until April 10th, check the forecast, and if it looks like it won't drop below freezing in the foreseeable future I put em on.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I usually throw mine on mid-march but it always depends on the weather. It's been warm enough and I've been doing suspension work so it was easier for me to make the switch to summers now

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I put mine on last week because I just got a new set of wheels and they offered to put them on for free and I couldn’t resist. Bad choice. Hopefully it gets warmer soon.

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
I always did mine first weekend of May. I ran Michelin Alpine in winter so I wasn’t compromising on performance much anyways

golfare

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly liked the stock tires when I had them last summer with the car. My highway miles chewed through them but the backroads are fun

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
and mine went on early April....much quieter/better mpg/better speed traction.

the OEM Hancook Ventus vs no name snows

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Don't look now, but central mass is getting a couple inches of snow tomorrow night! :LOL:
1587067779578.png