GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suicide or light wheel hack?

LMZ

Car(s)
2016 golf trendline
Snapchat-48876729.jpg

Ok so the stock alloy 15 inch wheels are super heavy for the size as I've discussed before like 23 pounds I believe. So what if I cut the extra 5 small spokes lol. Then I dont have to spend 330$ CAD per wheel for neuspeeds etc to have a light 5 spoke wheel.

Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: kep

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think you're crazy to mess with the structural integrity of the wheel. There are lots of 17-18 lb wheels besides Neuspeed. My Motegi wheels are 17 lbs and cost $150 each.

LMZ

Car(s)
2016 golf trendline
I think you're crazy to mess with the structural integrity of the wheel. There are lots of 17-18 lb wheels besides Neuspeed. My Motegi wheels are 17 lbs and cost $150 each.
But 150$ is still alot more than free :p what do yall think they would break imediately or at certain speed or the first time I hit a pot hole? Lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
But 150$ is still alot more than free :p what do yall think they would break imediately or at certain speed or the first time I hit a pot hole? Lol
Is this a legitimate question? Do what you want to and let us know how it goes.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I say go for it.

If you're ever in Georgia, I'll buy you a beer. We can even go fishing afterwards. We use dynamite for fishing around here.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
What Jake said.

...and what Jim said. My Motegi’s were had for $100 a pc.
Black Friday sale stacked with an eBay coupon. 17”s @ 18lbs.