GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestion for rear wiper blade

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Rear wiper users trying to see out the rear windshield the second there's a spec of dirt or water and they haven't turned on the wiper

500_F_63640527_WPEEojl75awhKjPMENxqgBmq3Cs1To6p.jpg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Guys I need some help. It's gross and raining out today, and I haven't washed my car in like 3 weeks. I just don't know how I'm ever supposed to see out my rear window.

View attachment 270350
So if your front window looked like that would you clean it or consider it fine?

fwiw I have no problem with folks doing this, I am just pointing out it does "impair vision". Not as important out the back as the front but look at the back of your car after a road trip in the rain (esp after a snow storm)

However. if you remove the rear window when you remove the wiper....

;)
Mud

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
"huRR dUrR ReAR WiPErZ R uSelESs"

not when you live in the snowbelt theyre not

Attachments

• Resized_20230130_171748.jpeg
    Resized_20230130_171748.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 43

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I have my wiper in the rear and NEVER use it.

If you keep your car clean and wash it often there is no need in using the wiper.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Do none of you live in an area that rains? Or is dusty/dirty? Or where they salt the roads? No matter how clean you keep your car, in many situations salted roads will obscure your rear window in a matter of minutes. Or when it rains and the roads are really dirty my window will get dirty enough so I can only see headlights, no other details. I will go on road trips long enough that my car is spotless when I start but after a couple hours a quick wipe will allow better visibility while I’m driving then a good wipe when I stop for gas.
This topic is laughable with how adamant people get. Some people need a rear wiper so let it go.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I love in an area with all that, and never have issues 🤷‍♂️

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I have my wiper in the rear and NEVER use it.

If you keep your car clean and wash it often there is no need in using the wiper.
the photo i just posted was a clean car when i left work. photo was 15 minutes into my drive home. yall need to stop lying to yourselves, cars get dirty lol