GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suffolk County, NY - The painful, awkward I hate asking thread - Good dealership for servicing?

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
While the car is under warranty, I'll be taking it in for servicing (at the very least for the "free" oil changes) and for VW to take care of the front end clunk as well as the perma-fix for the fuel line rattle.
Anyone have anything good to say about the dealership service departments out in on Long Island?
The place where I bought the car gave me 4 tires inflated to 50psi so I'm not exactly keen on returning (that and the finance department guy was old school sleazy)

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Huntington. See Jose

I can second that. I had a steering rack go bad in December and Jose was easy to deal with. My only complaint was that they wont do loaner cars unless you bought your car from them so if you have to leave the car, you are on your own.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Bought my car from Smithtown. Were very prying as to whether or not I planned on tuning the car in any way, along with some other things that made me want to look elsewhere for service.

Platinum VW on rt 107 in Hicksville is very friendly, and they also offer APR tunes and other parts from their parts department. Unsure about loaner cars though.

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
Bought my car from Smithtown. Were very prying as to whether or not I planned on tuning the car in any way, along with some other things that made me want to look elsewhere for service.

Platinum VW on rt 107 in Hicksville is very friendly, and they also offer APR tunes and other parts from their parts department. Unsure about loaner cars though.
Smithtown was where I first went to check out the GTI and the first place I went to when I was ready to buy. They didn't have any manuals on the lot so I ended up going elsewhere but they would be super convenient.
If anyone could vouch for the mechanics there I'd go there in a second (I'm not modding so I have no worries)

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I really like the service dept (and sales...see Darren!). at Donaldsons. They have been very careful with my car and my brothers, for the few times that we brought them in for service.