000-979-226-EA WIRES QTY=2
Vibe-Fast-Plug-Quick-Release-Amplifier-Amp-Sub-Box-Subwoofer-Connecter-Boot

NVX NVX XKIT82 wiring kit
NVX NVX XIX2025 short RCA cable

speaker carpet from Parts experts

jjm51

Ready to race!
I'm not good at making movies for youtube, sorry :(
but it does sound a lot better than the Fender... now I can hear that nice bass even at low volume....:D
and of course, I noticed that Fender system does roll off the bass when you go up in volume, now I have to play with LC2i....

no problem. enjoy it. congrat's as well. very impressive.

chid

Ready to race!
Where can I add a fuse with "add a circuit" on the fuse block?
I want to add an adapter with a USB to charge the phone.
DV52, do you have the diagram for the fuse block inside the cabin?

Thanks!

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Where can I add a fuse with "add a circuit" on the fuse block?
I want to add an adapter with a USB to charge the phone.
DV52, do you have the diagram for the fuse block inside the cabin?

Thanks!

chid: I posted a pic of the fuse board here- Is this what you want?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
sub box looks good. How does it sound? What internal volume did you end up with? A curve on the back edge where it meets the hatch and it would look perfect

chid

Ready to race!
thx Nick, it's a lot coming from you :D
not the same quality as yours that I had in my mk6 TDI, but it does the job.
If you would have a box like that (and I didn't have mine) I would buy it from you!

sounds great now that the speaker is broke-in, it has a more deep sound than my old 10in.. everybody I showed how it sounds was impressed... it has a lot of bass at low volume, without rattling and it's well balanced with the rest of the music. And then it hits really nice at higher volume.
I don't know the volume of the speaker, but I ended up around .8cu ft, in line with the specifications from Pioneer. I added a touch of polyfill and that's it!

I don't have your tools, but even with that I wouldn't make the box the size of the trunk, I wanted to be able to take out the spare tire without fighting with the box, and I can do it by just lifting the sub and while holding it with my shoulder I can remove the spare tire. It wouldn't be possible with the sub fitting "just right".
Do you plan to build a box like that for bigger speakers?

chid

Ready to race!
I finally had some time to give a wash and take some pictures of the trunk.

In order: my GTI in the winter....
the trunk with the cover removed, subwoofer in place with LC2i and amp (these 2 are fixed on a MDF plate covered also with carpet)
subwoofer with spare tire (screw that holds the spare tire is cut to necessary height) I can lift it up and hold it in position with one hand.
trunk with cover in upper position. nothing shows that a sub is under that :D

Attachments

• GTI winter.jpg
    GTI winter.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 10,056
  • subwoofer amp lc2i.jpg
    subwoofer amp lc2i.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 10,756
  • trunk GTI with subwoofer.jpg
    trunk GTI with subwoofer.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 18,384
  • trunk GTI cover.jpg
    trunk GTI cover.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 10,125

yyzGTI

the trunk with the cover removed, subwoofer in place with LC2i and amp (these 2 are fixed on a MDF plate covered also with carpet)
subwoofer with spare tire (screw that holds the spare tire is cut to necessary height) I can lift it up and hold it in position with one hand.
That's pretty awesome!

witsbusa

Ready to race!

Dude.. that is clean as hell! What sub are you running? How about head unit? I just came across this thread so probably missed it so i will look back through the thread as i hadn't even started thinking considering stereo options..

chid

Ready to race!
:D Thanks!
I didn't change anything except the Fender subwoofer.
sub is a Pioneer and amp is a JBL. with LC2i.
there is a lot of info on the thread, if you still have questions, don't hesitate!

clickclickw00t

Passed Driver's Ed
:D Thanks!
I didn't change anything except the Fender subwoofer.
sub is a Pioneer and amp is a JBL. with LC2i.
there is a lot of info on the thread, if you still have questions, don't hesitate!

Can you post some pictures of where you tapped into the rear speakers? Have you attempted removing the doors yet?

If anyone has them, would you mind posting directions for removing the door panels and the tweeter pillars?

Also, does anyone know where the speakers are crossed over? From the head unit? Individually with resistors? Are they crossed over at the tweeter and mid-bass driver respectively, or do I have to go fishing for a resistor somewhere in the line.

chid

Ready to race!
I guess DV52 can answer better to your questions ;)

Because I have Fender system, it comes with a subwoofer in the spare tire, that I replace completely.
I used the connector from Fender and I ordered the connector from VW, like that I didn't cut any wire. I posted the part # in the topic.

Attachments

• Fender subwoofer connector.jpg
    Fender subwoofer connector.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 5,690

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Also, does anyone know where the speakers are crossed over? From the head unit? Individually with resistors? Are they crossed over at the tweeter and mid-bass driver respectively, or do I have to go fishing for a resistor somewhere in the line.

Clickclick: not sure that I entirely understand your question, but if you mean "crossed over" in the sense of a cross-over circuit for frequency control, then the answer is that none of the tweeters/ bass speakers in the mk7 have these networks as external devices. All of the frequency filtering is done internal to the unit in the glove box, or in the sound-system under the driver's seat. Have a look at the wiring diagrams that I posted previously in this thread - you will see that all the speaker wires are clean.

Last edited: