GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stuttering rpm problem

dizla

Car(s)
porsche macan 2.0
Hello all,

I am a Porsche Macan 2.0 owner and I have been following this forum for quite some time. Unfortunately there are almost no enthusiasts that modify the Base Macan that shares the same engine with the Golf R (EA888 Gen3 2.0 TFSI). So I thought it's best to sign up and shoot my questions out to you.

I have recently rebuilt my engine following an unforeseen engine failure and used forged internals this time.
About my vehicle:
It’s a 2017 Porsche Macan 2.0

I am now in the middle of getting the tune done via a e-tuner and have an issue that bugs me. I want to see if this is tune related or a mechanical issue that needs to be solved.

The problem is, when I go above 4000rpm and let go of the gas pedal quickly, the rpm hangs and slowly decelerates (normal behaviour to not to shift up in sport plus mode). If I press the pedal again, the rev stutters, car feels like the fuel is cut, I hear pops and bangs from the exhaust and rpm is not picking up. Otherwise if I floor the pedal from any gear or standstill, no problems. Video is also attached. What could be the reason? Thanks a lot in advance!

Video link: https://streamable.com/huo5kn

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It’s hard to quantify a reason till the tune is done, it could very well be the tune. Especially if it’s never done it before. I’d send the video to your tuner and see what he or she thinks

dizla

Car(s)
porsche macan 2.0
hello again guys.

could this issue be caused by the intake manifold flappers not being open enough and the engine gets flooded with fuel?