GOLFMKV

Stud conversion kit

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I could not find black nuts. If anyone finds a source for black, open, R13 nuts, please post.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So just to clarify on stud length. The 70mm Racingline stud kit are the same exact length as the 35mm Rennline studs linked. Racingline just calls out the overall length up front. If you look at the Rennline link, it says "35mm (70mm overall length)".

The length of the Racingline studs isn't the issue. They're not made to be used with spacers, I think they even say don't go past a 5mm spacer with them. The issue with that kit "poking out" is the length of the nut, not the stud itself. The nut is like 2.5x longer than the head of a normal lug bolt from where it sits in the seat of the wheel bolt hole. If you have rims with a deep seat, they'll probably look fine. But I'd you don't, the nuts poke out and just look funny.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Just depends on how much spacer you want to run. Just like lug bolts, the thicker the spacer, the more length you will need

I asking about the nut length. There are kits with some long nuts and kits with really short nuts.

This kit has short nuts,

https://motorsporthardware.com/prod...lack-bullet-nose-race-stud-kit-14x1-5-12x1-5/

This has long ones,

https://motorsporthardware.com/product/clearance-package-64mm-silver-stud-kit-14x1-5/

Is there a reason to run one over the other?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So just to clarify on stud length. The 70mm Racingline stud kit are the same exact length as the 35mm Rennline studs linked. Racingline just calls out the overall length up front. If you look at the Rennline link, it says "35mm (70mm overall length)".

The length of the Racingline studs isn't the issue. They're not made to be used with spacers, I think they even say don't go past a 5mm spacer with them. The issue with that kit "poking out" is the length of the nut, not the stud itself. The nut is like 2.5x longer than the head of a normal lug bolt from where it sits in the seat of the wheel bolt hole. If you have rims with a deep seat, they'll probably look fine. But I'd you don't, the nuts poke out and just look funny.

The 70mm R Line studs will let you run up to a 10mm spacer.

"70mm LENGTH

For spacers: 0 - 10mm"

Towards the bottom of the page.

https://www.racingline.com/stud-nut-kit

The nut length is what I'm not sure about. Some wheels they don't poke out as much...and some poke out like mad. Those long nuts look cool if they aren't sticking way put past the face of the wheel.

If you like the long bolts...you might as well get the Motorsports Hardware kit and save yourself ~75 bucks.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
As the owner of both Porsche and VW, it is also my understanding that Porsche is R14 and VW is R13. They may work OK, but I do believe the size is different.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I get that you want black, and that you want things to look the way you want them to look. There is nothing wrong with that! However, with studs, the open ended nuts are not very visible.