GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stud conversion kit

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
Does any one know of any stud conversion kits out there that are not excessively long? I have been looking at the racing line stud conversion kit but the smallest stud they make is 70mm and I think that’s way to long for me since I don’t use spacers

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Motorsport hardware has a lot of options, tuner lug nuts, titanium studs, pretty much whatever you want.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
You don't have to get any particular length, as long as you get open ended lugs you can run any length. 44 is fine, no spacers, maybe okay with 5mm. You have to measure your wheel to know how much the center eats up for the lug seat.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Get MSI Racing studs. Settle for nothing else because they are all pretty much inferior and made in the same factory.
MSI makes great studs. I have them on my Cooper S. Do they make a R-13 lug nut?

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I got mine from Rennline:
Rennline wheel studs
I got the 35 mm size, which is their shortest. I did not want studs that would stick out past the surface of the wheel, and these are perfect. Although these are marketed for Porsche, they fit the stock VW hubs. Rennline did NOT have the proper nuts to fit factory VW wheels (R13 ball seat); the Porsche nuts have a different radius seat. I can't remember where I got my nuts ;) Be sure to get the right nuts for your wheels.

studs1.jpg

studs2.jpg

studs3.jpg

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
I got mine from Rennline:
Rennline wheel studs
I got the 35 mm size, which is their shortest. I did not want studs that would stick out past the surface of the wheel, and these are perfect. Although these are marketed for Porsche, they fit the stock VW hubs. Rennline did NOT have the proper nuts to fit factory VW wheels (R13 ball seat); the Porsche nuts have a different radius seat. I can't remember where I got my nuts ;) Be sure to get the right nuts for your wheels.

View attachment 211264
View attachment 211265
View attachment 211266
Thanks for the info. I think I will get the same studs at 35mm. I can’t believe how difficult it is to find r13 nuts in black