GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
What's your camber up front? You seem to be scrubbing them a lot.

That's not a car setup issue... it's driver input. Late on elements, overdriving, not slowing down enough, etc.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
That's not a car setup issue... it's driver input. Late on elements, overdriving, not slowing down enough, etc.
No that can't be right. My driving is usually perfect, idk why this would be an exception.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I've never seen a photo of my car from this angle before - has me thinking about increasing front spring a tad (especially with the change to wider tires soon). The drivers side does seem to dive a bit more than I'd want

203700064_10104671230363844_7195900516416247073_n.jpg

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I'm on the fence about FSB/springs in general. The car *feels* really great, and well sorted. I'm apprehensive of over-stiffening, I prefer a car that moves a tad.

With the photo angle it's hard to tell, but to me it seems the front end is still be negative/vertical to the ground. The rear is leaned over positive.

I don't mind a softer car either. And while the sidewalls of current 200tw street tires are relatively stiff... they still aren't R compound tire stiff.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
With the photo angle it's hard to tell, but to me it seems the front end is still be negative/vertical to the ground. The rear is leaned over positive.

I don't mind a softer car either. And while the sidewalls of current 200tw street tires are relatively stiff... they still aren't R compound tire stiff.
Yeah I don't run a lot of rear camber, my wear has been fine and I like the way it handles. The yoks sidewall is super soft.

Looking at the picture again, I believe my right rear tire has decided it no longer agrees with gravity

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah I don't run a lot of rear camber, my wear has been fine and I like the way it handles. The yoks sidewall is super soft.

Looking at the picture again, I believe my right rear tire has decided it no longer agrees with gravity
There does seem to be just a smidge of daylight under the RR... Running G Street, I am quite familiar with that mode.:cool:
BTW, I've got a new, never-installed adjustable 26mm H&R FSB, Super Pro adjustable end links and a full set of all the one-time use OEM mounting & install hardware that I might be convinced to part company with...

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm running pretty soft springs for an STH car. I still get wheel lift.

Auto X 10 APR 21 (197 of 979).jpg

bfury5

Autocross Champion
There does seem to be just a smidge of daylight under the RR... Running G Street, I am quite familiar with that mode.:cool:
BTW, I've got a new, never-installed adjustable 26mm H&R FSB, Super Pro adjustable end links and a full set of all the one-time use OEM mounting & install hardware that I might be convinced to part company with...
Yeah I run my rear bar on full soft, so I think the only way to keep that back wheel down would be to stiffen the front. But the way it rotates on one rear wheel is *chefs kiss*

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Have any of you fast folks experimented with rake?

I did on my 05 STI. I just bought MSS springs and plan to remove some the rake caused by the APR rear springs. I'll eventually end up with APR front springs (they are supposed to be stiffer than the MSS street fronts), and the mss rear spring setup with a 400lbs springs with the koni sports. My goal is a street setup that rotates well.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Have any of you fast folks experimented with rake?
I use it on my BRZ but haven't done anything on the GTI. Lower the rear to settle it down, and vice versa.