GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What rear bar?

And please let us know how it feels, what you end up with alignment wise and alignment you end up with. Also, how it rides on street. I still DD mine.

I'm also planning on that same setup, I'm just trying to figure out what rates I want.
I have the 034 rear bar.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have the 034 rear bar.
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to need a smaller rear bar than my current 26mm. I also don't love that my H&R isn't adjustable. 034 is probably the right choice. I want to mainly rely of spring rate and the bar to fine tune. Right how, the RSB is leftover from my GS setups, and you do what you got to do. lol.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Us Midwest folk have to wait till the thaw and our race tires die in the garage during the winter.

Can’t wait to leave this place.
I thought you were south Florida.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Decided to send my shocks in for a dyno and possible revalve.

While I was in there I installed the SPC adjustable arms.

Not sure how much extra camber I can use, but I did purchase the 255 Falken 660s, and with some spacers maybe I can eek out some more negative camber without rubbing.

IMG_4114.JPEG

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
And please let us know how it feels
I've been driving around with the 650/950 rates for a couple days now and it seems the same as my other cars. It's kind of stiff but really not that bad imo. I've said it before but in my experience, now including this GTI, comfort has way more to do with the damper than the spring. If you can soften up the damper everything is fine. I really think that these "high" rates will not feel the way most on here expect. Just be honest with yourself, I for example am a total baby when it comes to loud exhausts.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
How does anyone launch these cars?

I've only tried a few times, but I have only been able to either hop-hop-burnout or bog-bog-burnout. Never been able to get a screeech->takeoff. So far I'm leaning toward bog-bog burnout. Not a great feeling a couple weeks before a Pro.

I have the 034 aluminum dogbone inserts and the BFI hard rubber LCA bushings.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I've only tried a few times, but I have only been able to either hop-hop-burnout or bog-bog-burnout. Never been able to get a screeech->takeoff. So far I'm leaning toward bog-bog burnout. Not a great feeling a couple weeks before a Pro.

I inserted a Neuspeed insert and I can launch with no wheel hop now. It's crazy how soft VW's mounts are, likely shared with every other model.

You likely have more power though. I'm just 91 oct stg 1.

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

:Laughs in DSG R:

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I've been driving around with the 650/950 rates for a couple days now and it seems the same as my other cars. It's kind of stiff but really not that bad imo. I've said it before but in my experience, now including this GTI, comfort has way more to do with the damper than the spring. If you can soften up the damper everything is fine. I really think that these "high" rates will not feel the way most on here expect. Just be honest with yourself, I for example am a total baby when it comes to loud exhausts.
Yeah, I was shocked when I put mine on last year and it was actually comfortable. Chris does a great job with the dampers and that helps. Stepping up this spring and I'm not nearly as worried about the ride comfort after a year with the dampers.

I have the Powerflex lower puck replacement (which also extends into the upper puck) and it helps a lot. I get spin on any tires but the A052s. With those, I get a few baby stutters and then it bites

bfury5

Autocross Champion
As a follow-up, curious what those rates feel like at the limit. Did you get your alignment yet?