bfury5

Autocross Champion

eSienk

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I ran that T&W combo at two events last year. I've always been a proponent of small wheels. Options are scarce for affordable-ish wheels that fit properly in this sizing that don't weight 19+ lbs.
In all reality though, 19 or 20lbs isn't bad for a 17 x 8.5/9. My STI came with forged BBS's in 17 x 8 that weighed about that. What's crazy is stock VW wheels at 25lbs+. I think the RSe16's I have are right at the 19/20lbs range and I doubt I'd feel much different with a wheel that weighs 17lbs, due to the location of the weight in a wheel tire setup.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Rear toe out

If you read the comments, this isn't the first time I've seen Hollis recommend 1/2" rear toe out.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What comment is this in reference to?
The comments under the post in the link. It's a Facebook post from RedShift. Are you able to view them?

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
There a decent tire that might give up a couple tenths to the re71r but do better in HPDE and heat cycling life? Not sure there's one that hits all 3...

sackofcheese

BDBB60D9-E4EA-45D0-80A3-40E6E8B04604.jpeg

If anyone is needing tires, Tire Rack has a ton of RE71Rs on close out right now.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So, what tires fit on this car. I have 18x9 +45. @marka is running the same, I think, with 255/35 A052s. Do the 265 A052s fit?

What about the Falken RT660s? I hear they run large. 255 or 265 fit?

I think I've seen @xXDavidCXx say 10.7" section width, can I really trust Tirerack spec on that?

I'm only interested in square fitments. I have no rear camber adjustment.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
So, what tires fit on this car. I have 18x9 +45. @marka is running the same, I think, with 255/35 A052s. Do the 265 A052s fit?

What about the Falken RT660s? I hear they run large. 255 or 265 fit?

I think I've seen @xXDavidCXx say 10.7" section width, can I really trust Tirerack spec on that?

I'm only interested in square fitments. I have no rear camber adjustment.
255 A052 should fit, I doubt the 265 will be worth it IMHO (the A052 run super wide for the size). I was running 245 on an 8.5" wheel and even at that size the tire wanted more rim width. I'm probably going 245 again but on a 9" width to start the season.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Dave, are your fenders rolled at all? Where is the tightest clearance on these cars?