GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I didn't realize STH allowed intercoolers now. I'm going to struggle to get another season in GS with the thought of a trackable STH setup bouncing around in my head.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yes, just not FMIC though. Stock location.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
GS cars can heatsoak pretty badly, would not surprise me running more boost thats bad problem.

Lincoln is kinda unique in a lot of aspect though. Do you take care of your OPR at all? STH ran earlier in the week so not as much rubber down but OPR can still be an issue. We had to scrape the rears pretty often. 2017 we learned the lesson on that....

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I brought my scrapper to grid, but we ran 1st heat and this is what my tires looked like after day 2, which I didn’t think was too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Likely due to high grip levels on concrete and a bump. I wouldn't chase a suspension tune to address it.

I think you're on the right path with your setup. Just some fine tuning to get the balance you want.

Last edited:

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
pretty normal....

I think you can probably be both lower and stiffer for a ST car....

It’s the most deflection for any cars captured in these photos, but I was running low (32psi) in the front tires.

Also aware of my suspension options, just don’t have the money yet for the right setup.

It’s the most deflection for any cars captured in these photos, but I was running low (32psi) in the front tires.

Also aware of my suspension options, just don’t have the money yet for the right setup.

Temps will tell you if you're too low. On concrete, you could have gone up a couple psi, but you did fantastic for the level of prep and still sorting the car.

It makes me excited to get through the next year in GS and start an STH build.