GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Depending on the part number, if it's on a supersession list, then I would say it's not a replacement within that context, but repair.

The wording is werid but I belive by "replacement" they are referring to things like the catch can kit pcv plates. I don't seriously think the rules suggest running a broken/faulty/known bad plate.

That rule does basically ban almost all functional catch cans though.

Yep, if it's superceeded it means it's the official part to install on that car at this date (and they usually don't stock previous parts). No problems there. However I don't think the GTI's original part is on the supercession list.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It might be worth it to verify with a dealer if the superseded part for the R also applies to the Mk. 7 GTI, particularly the earlier ones. If the original GTI valve is not available from VW anymore, then it's a non-issue.
Has anyone done this yet?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Some mfer wants to protest me for a pcv valve, you can have my $5 trophy. I've got the BL part and it's going on my car.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not trying to be a protest weenie, just having a rules based discussion, so others are aware of the rules/risk.

I'll just accidentally grind off the part number when I install it. Untraceable. Lol.

Seriously though, if they fix the XS pax multiplier, I'll move to that class and do whatever I want.

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
By the way, if anybody upgrades, don't forget to buy a new seal 06K103484F

you can reuse the old one... But it's only $12 and cheap piece of mind compared to an annoying vac/oil leak.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
By the way, if anybody upgrades, don't forget to buy a new seal 06K103484F

you can reuse the old one... But it's only $12 and cheap piece of mind compared to an annoying vac/oil leak.

It looks like it has a seal integrated. I didn't realize it was a separate part.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Not trying to be a protest weenie, just having a rules based discussion, so others are aware of the rules/risk.

I plan to check with my local dealer next week to see if there were any superseded versions for the Mk. 7 GTI PCV valve. Will update & advise on what I find out, although my experience has been that this dealer has been a bit behind with superseded parts and part numbers, like the front strut bearings... Good news is that they are also the local Audi dealer.

Last edited:

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I plan to check with my local dealer next week to see if there were any superseded versions for the Mk. 7 GTI PCV valve. Will update & advise on what I find out, although my experience has been that this dealer has been a bit behind with superseded parts and part numbers, like the front strut bearings... Good news is that they are also the local Audi dealer.

Update: It looks like the 06K103495BL PVC valve swap only is applicable to the 2019 & later Golf R models. The supercede part number for 2016-2018 Golf R's is: 06K103495BM, with prior part numbers from newest to oldest being 06K103495P, 06K103495AT, 06K103495AG, and 06K103495AA. This applies to Arteon, Beetle, Beetle Convertible and Golf R models with the 2.0 liter gas motor.

For the Mk. 7 GTI's, the most current part number is 06K103495AP, with prior numbers from newest to oldest being 06K103495Q, 06K103495AH, and 06K103495AC. This series of part numbers applies to Alltrack, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, Golf, GTI, Jetta, Jetta GLI, Passat and Sportwagen with 1.8 and/or 2.0 liter gas motors.

Even though the upgraded part MIGHT fit (this has not been verified one way or the other), the update/backdate rule screws us if we are driving anything other than a 2019 R or later.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Update: It looks like the 06K103495BL PVC valve swap only is applicable to the 2019 & later Golf R models. The supercede part number for 2016-2018 Golf R's is: 06K103495BM, with prior part numbers from newest to oldest being 06K103495P, 06K103495AT, 06K103495AG, and 06K103495AA. This applies to Arteon, Beetle, Beetle Convertible and Golf R models with the 2.0 liter gas motor.

For the Mk. 7 GTI's, the most current part number is 06K103495AP, with prior numbers from newest to oldest being 06K103495Q, 06K103495AH, and 06K103495AC. This series of part numbers applies to Alltrack, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, Golf, GTI, Jetta, Jetta GLI, Passat and Sportwagen with 1.8 and/or 2.0 liter gas motors.

Even though the upgraded part MIGHT fit (this has not been verified one way or the other), the update/backdate rule screws us if we are driving anything other than a 2019 R or later.
Thanks for the leg work on this.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

It does fit and car is running fine without any CEL's. Fitted it this morning. It takes 15 min to swap. If I decide to run a national event, I can swap it back. No one locally will care in the least.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Had a decent showing at today's autocross, but fell behind the pack.

Still too much understeer, everywhere.

Soooo, I'll have to put the stock front bar back on. :confused:

I've still got a constant push too. Time to zero out rear toe.