GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Do the Neuspeeds use cone versus ball seat nuts? All the current RS wheels from them showed they take ball seat (OEM) style…

If they do need cone though, I have a brand new set of MSH nuts that are 14x1.5 and take a 17mm socket, I’d send over for shipping costs.

I bought cone instead of ball seat type, and waited entirely to long to find that out and can’t return them.
They use oem ball seats.

I'm keeping these wheels for the foreseeable future, so I'll need nuts that work with oem ball seats.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Apex includes R13 nuts if you buy their VW/Audi kit.
That seems like the easy button for me, then. Thanks.

And it seems those in here that have used the Apex had good experiences with them, so all the better.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Was anyone at Packwood on Sunday? Holy shit, 2 people killed at the autocross. Car blew passed finish and pinned a pedestrian between car and a structure. Both died. Holy shit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you haven't done the offset LCA bushings, do it. Holy cow do they make the front end feel GOOD.

The car gained .5 neg camber and it retained more neg camber dynamically. Turn in is immediate.

I took it easy today, because I still want to stiffen the rear shocks some and didn't know how hard I could really push it before it would swap ends, but it definitely had more front bite than it's has ever and first time it didn't feel like it was folding over on the outside front tire.

I ended up in 3rd, .163 back from 2nd and .6 back from first. There's more in the car, but I was pretty rusty and feeling out the new setup.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@mrmatto the street version of the offset LCA bushings. RS3 rear front bushing and Eurosport camber kit would work so well with your setup.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
@mrmatto the street version of the offset LCA bushings. RS3 rear front bushing and Eurosport camber kit would work so well with your setup.
I have the Eurosport camber mounts now. Like them a lot. Will need bushings before too long so it’s on the list of options for sure.

Gotta do something to beat all those WRX’s out there now 😆. Our STH group went from a couple GTIs and a Cobalt to like 5 WRX’s this year. Glad to have the competition though.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have the Eurosport camber mounts now. Like them a lot. Will need bushings before too long so it’s on the list of options for sure.

Gotta do something to beat all those WRX’s out there now 😆. Our STH group went from a couple GTIs and a Cobalt to like 5 WRX’s this year. Glad to have the competition though.
They launch so hard they've got to be putting some time on us off the start. I feel like I'm trying to claw time back.

And while the front of my car feels amazing now, the rear needs to more progressively rotate, not just reach the limit and let go.

I think stiffer rear springs, bushings, and stiffening the dampers and not relying on high rear tire pressures and toe out will help.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
They launch so hard they've got to be putting some time on us off the start. I feel like I'm trying to claw time back.

And while the front of my car feels amazing now, the rear needs to more progressively rotate, not just reach the limit and let go.

I think stiffer rear springs, bushings, and stiffening the dampers and not relying on high rear tire pressures and toe out will help.
But they can only have 245's vs 265's on the GTI. Granted with a 9" wheel restriction, there's no benefit there.