GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Alignment/ride height = https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...back-sth-discussion-setup.366133/post-7700783
Weight = https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...back-sth-discussion-setup.366133/post-7702105

Spring rates are 514# fronts, 800# rear, 034 rear bar on soft. 255 front, 245 rear RT660's.

Ran a 3mm rear spacer on the 17x9 Apexs, because otherwise they rub the fuel filler tube.

For what it's worth, the old setup was H&R OE sport springs with konis, and 034 camber plates. And had been on 18x9's with 255 Conti ECS's (300 treadwear) f & r.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Why's that?
See page 120 for the sounds of dreams and dignity being crushed. I'm not trying to claim any trophy spots though.

After looking through videos from this year there are effects on pulling out of corners at the end of long high grip runs and they can be hard to identify. Especially if it's braking into right hand corners. This happened to me in Chicago on day 2 without the noise. I thought the car was getting too hot and pulling boost. I think is part of why my results were so up and down this year and why I was on pace in Pros but not Tours (besides FLR which was kind of short and the grip isn't very high).

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
In his sig

"'17 SE: Sachs coilovers with custom rates, Vorshlag camber plates, 034 rear bar, SuperPro LCA caster bushings, ProFlex LCA camber bushings, Macan brakes, 17x9 Apex SM-10s w/Falken RT660's, JB4, MAP downpipe, intercooler."
Yeah was wondering about custom rates etc.
And sigs don't show up on mobile. Go figure.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Anyone running a lightweight straight pipe with a turn down exhaust under the car?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yeah was wondering about custom rates etc.
And sigs don't show up on mobile. Go figure.
Turn your phone in landscape mode to see Sigs

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Perry just posted his photos from Nats, always has some good ones. One place this car shines is definitely in the fast offsets. It transitions so well

90396870-PB908369-1.JPG

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Mk7 Golf R is STU. So, I'm substituting 1 did (front) with a mechanical LSD.

In theory, of course. Not that my car is technically ST legal anyway at this point thanks to the clubsport s knuckles (although I doubt that would be a problem locally)

I'm probably challenged at reading the SCCA rulebook, but can you point me to where it says that replacing the hubs is not permitted in ST(U)?

I've been lurking through this thread, and many others, and have read mention of the hubs maybe putting you in a different class, but I can't see where they are prohibited.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm probably challenged at reading the SCCA rulebook, but can you point me to where it says that replacing the hubs is not permitted in ST(U)?

I've been lurking through this thread, and many others, and have read mention of the hubs maybe putting you in a different class, but I can't see where they are prohibited.

The fact that you can't find where it says you can, means that they are prohibited.