GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified base map logs. Any red flags?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Howdy folks, after the MPI, LPFP and DBV2 V1 install I received and applied my base map. Car feels strong and happy, the power band has been fully extended out till redline which is amazing and she just keeps pulling through the gears. Hoping we can turn it up a tad here shortly after an iteration or two.

Seems to be moving air pretty efficiently from a general feeling standpoint. I haven't been able to detect any additional lag imposed by the DBV2 V1. It along with my down-pipe are both ceramic coated and I've got a blanket on the hybrid. I'm 100% ignorant when it comes to most of these parameters though so while I wait for the next round, does anyone see any red flags that would justify the need to lay low? I'm itching to find any excuse to drive it at this point and I expect that to be the case for awhile but I don't want to screw anything up. Again, she feels and sounds great but I'm just super anxious over it especially since I can't mentally parse these logs myself hah.

Here are the 3 logs: https://datazap.me/u/stayingtuned/stratified-base-tune-logs?log=0&data=1-5-8-12-19-20-21-22-33

Mods are:
- DBV2 V1 (ported & coated w/ Thermal Zero blanket)
- AMS Catted DP (coated)
- AMS Intake
- Mishimoto I/C
- PR MPI
- PagParts LPFL w/ 525 (450 was OOS, got a deal on the 525)
- PagParts upgraded lines
- Denso DENSO 5347 IKH27 plus and Motul Sport 5w-50 per Dan @ DBV2

Thanks in advance!!!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
yeah its clean, (and mild ) you will be fine with driving it hard while you wait for the revisions.

what kind of fuel are you tuning for?

if you like how it feels now just wait... that dbv2 with your fueling set up, is ready to handle lots more. on my hybrid 38 I'm at 28.5 psi to redline with 10+ timing right now and i only have a hpfp/305 lpfp, wmi pre throttle, with no MPI on E60.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
yeah its clean, (and mild ) you will be fine with driving it hard while you wait for the revisions.

what kind of fuel are you tuning for?

if you like how it feels now just wait... that dbv2 with your fueling set up, is ready to handle lots more. on my hybrid 38 I'm at 28.5 psi to redline with 10+ timing right now and i only have a hpfp/305 lpfp, wmi pre throttle, with no MPI on E60.

93 for now. I'm super stoked, getting the dbv2 in before winter was kind of an early surprise. Pre covid the plan was to get fueling fully squared before winter and just sit on an FBO backed Stage 2 tune (with MPI non-active and LPFP ready to drop in). Then come spring, go internals and hybrid while exploring flex shortly after via UM. Only thing I'm missing for that is the continental sensor and UM licensing. Things changed a bit and we decided to have some fun sooner rather than later. Dan will allow me to send this back should I want to go V2 TBB for a few hundred so I figured, let's do it, although the near stock-like lag on this V1 is pretty impressive so who knows I might stick with the V1.

Thanks for taking a look btw! Super comforting to get feedback from you guys on it.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Well, that was fun for a bit. Currently stranded waiting on a flatbed.

Was cruising along just fine then total power loss. Coasted onto the side of the road. Won’t start, I suspect lack of fuel. Never heard any bangs, pops or abnormal sounds... she just gracefully said F U and that was that hah.

Emailed stratified, they got back saying to check the LPFP fuse, which I’ll do, while also checking my wiring by pulling the basket.

Any ideas top of mind? I am running the 525 pump but Aaron said they’d provision for that so my stock fuel controller isn’t blown.

I wasn’t super happy with my tapping of the fuel pressure sensor into the negative pump line, just felt a little weak sauce. Not sure if that sensor dropping it’s contact would cause fuel cut though, maybe.

No CEL however it did throw a P2635 early on. He said that wouldn’t cause it to stall and that they intentionally hide those for emissions.

Any ideas?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That’s a fuel code...spitballing I’m guessing it’s got to do with how they made the provisions - which would be turning down the duty cycle (and I’m sure quite a bit with a 525 on pump gas at that).

I know turning down the duty “works” but if you’re going to run such a big pump you should really do it right with a controller...

That YouTube guy jr14 had the EXACT scenario happen recently.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Yeah, Alex said if it’s not wiring related that I should go PM4. Based on some preliminary research, seems like I should have done that right off the bat.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Ok back home, the 525 is not priming on ignition or when door opens. Fuse is fine for it, thinking it’s my wiring, hopefully I can yank it tonight to inspect.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Ok so I’m hoping it’s this simple. I go to fetch the basket for the night and when I pulled it out, the basket was nearly completely dry. The tank itself only has about 1/2” of fuel at the bottom, have a gander at this pic.

I also noticed that my float popped off the lower side latch but remained clipped to the upper top one leading to to be sideways.

I think I might have ran out of fuel. The bonkers thing is my tank was showing half full and started dropping as I was driving, movement into the gauge washigh on my observation list so I’m thinking because it was still partially connected, there was some movement, tricking me into thinking it was fine.

going to dig deeper in the am but yeah, wiring and such on the pump itself seems solid still so I’m really hoping I just ran out of gas.
E92AE26E-440B-424A-916A-C68C3FC14D4F.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah that’s def, very low. I had 1/2 tank when I did my pump and when I opened the tank I was surprised with how full is seemed. And yeah the float sensors ROM is pretty minimal so I’m sure having the top of the tab Slightly shifted up will effect the reading quite a bit.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Yeah that’s def, very low. I had 1/2 tank when I did my pump and when I opened the tank I was surprised with how full is seemed. And yeah the float sensors ROM is pretty minimal so I’m sure having the top of the tab Slightly shifted up will effect the reading quite a bit.

Same here, had just over a half when I installed it and the basket was filled to the brim and the fuel in the tank was so high that I thought it was going to wash over the main opening into the back rear seat.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
You gonna fetch that junk out I hope?

Yep and it turns out, that white piece of plastic is a portion of the arm that holds the float rod in place.

Diggs there was a note on your install to ensure full sweep, i checked it and all was clear but that was with the float off. The rod extends about 1/4” beyond the plastic so the float rod was hitting the pump itself. This regulated in the plastic giving way and the float just hanging sideways.

Put 5 gallons of 93 in it allowing it to prime twice and she fired right up! I lost my fuel level sensor entirely though. New ones look to be about $70 so I’ll get a replacement in this week. I was able to trim the rod so it was flush with the sweep arm so next time, it won’t make contact.

Currently throwing P0463 which is the level sensor.