GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Your fuel pressure is "OK" I think but not ideal. I saw another log the other day where fuel pressure got down to around 1000psi and the car closed the throttle/went into some sort of protection mode, and AFR went wonky. Your AFR isn't affected...so it's not danger zone, but it would only get worse with more boost, or when driving in cold air in the winter, etc. You would see injector pulsewidth increase as pressure drops to compensate...the problem arises when fuel pressure is so low and injector pw is so long that it doesn't have enough time to get all the fuel in that it needs. Lower pressure also = worse atomization....2500psi drop seems to be acceptable among the tuners, but autotech hpfp would be wise IMO (assuming youre not already running them?)

I would just stick to logging what your tuner wants for the tuning process.
Thanks for the detailed response. I only run the eblend tune in summer months and my EQT S2 93 OTS when I have my winters on. Thought about the hpfp upgrade but I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep the car as we're going to be building a house so I might downgrade for a few years.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Thanks for the detailed response. I only run the eblend tune in summer months and my EQT S2 93 OTS when I have my winters on. Thought about the hpfp upgrade but I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep the car as we're going to be building a house so I might downgrade for a few years.

Yeah should be fine. Plus running HPFP with the EQT staged tune would probably result in high fuel pressure in the upper rpms... ideally you want to run a tune that accounts for it. So then you'd have to get a second custom tune, so yeah in your scenario probably doesn't make sense.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Anyone care to share thoughts on this log https://datazap.me/u/paxtond/log-1590184857?log=0&data=4-9-14-16-20-21-22-23-24-37

Went out with a friend who has a Skoda VRS ( same engine as GTI) this evening and was unable to pass him, he has a rev IS38 setup( https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk3-2013-/258/stage-3). would have thought my car with the hybrid should have been able to take him without too much hassle.

Well the obvious is it's very knocky.... I'm not running that much boost so I can't directly compare but doesnt seem like it's calling for that much ign timing up top either? Nothing else really sticks out to me, sorry.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
On what Dyno? Revos 100ron is38 tunes are pretty fast.
have not dyno run the car yet he ran on a mustang Dyno, however my car is 54mm hybrid, his is stock IS38 tune, my car appears to be around 80WHP short of what it should be and I don't know why.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
have not dyno run the car yet he ran on a mustang Dyno, however my car is 54mm hybrid, his is stock IS38 tune, my car appears to be around 80WHP short of what it should be and I don't know why.
What fuel do you use? A lot of people can get great timing advance for petrol on Tesco 99ron in the UK. In comparing different is38 Dragy times you would need to run atleast E20/93 to get similar power as the best pumpgas. You are having corrections the whole pull and get no real timing advance.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
What fuel do you use? A lot of people can get great timing advance for petrol on Tesco 99ron in the UK. In comparing different is38 Dragy times you would need to run atleast E20/93 to get similar power as the best pumpgas. You are having corrections the whole pull and get no real timing advance.

I am on Tesco 99ron.

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Received my new intercooler piping on Thursday and was able to install it today. I have to say, oh my lord is it completely different now. I'm actually holding boost up top, and peak boost is quite a bit higher than I expected. I can't believe I thought it was driving okay with the boost leak lmao.

Borkowski

For guys who went to the process of a stratified e-tune

- How many revisions until the process is done ?
- What was the time lapse between revisions ?

In the process right now was curious

Thanks

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Time lapse between revisions on my IS38 map has been consistently about 5 business days. When I had them tune the car with the IS20 almost 2 years ago, I believe it took 9 revisions to get it maxed out safely.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
For guys who went to the process of a stratified e-tune

- How many revisions until the process is done ?
- What was the time lapse between revisions ?

In the process right now was curious

Thanks

I have had 30+ revisions for my BT car, however its been a bit of a pain being a new Rom. While we have had issues I can't fault Alex for revision time, the most I have had to wait is around 5 days, however its normally 24-48 hours, even had a few where I had multiples in a day and even some revisions over weekends.

Putting aside the issues I have had with my tune/car, the Customer Service has been very good and despite being on the other side of the world it has been great working with Stratified.