GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Of course. I'll post each of the logs I send to them for my revisions if you guys want. That way you can see how they professed the tune.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

There are some logs of Strat tuning floating around. I hope yours does look better.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Here's a video from last night. For those of you who haven't run a crackle tune before, I'm going out of my way to get these to go off. I previously had little burbles here and there on overrun from my catless setup and no muffler, but to get these to go off loud it's pretty much just get the revs to 4k+ and let it overrun or you can downshift if it's going to get that high. As long as the car is warm it goes off. Pretty nice setup actually because driving in normal mode it doesn't happen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_9KPuA82M/

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Listen to PACDAWG, do not run these crackle tunes on a catted downpipe unless you want to have a bad time. Hell personally i think all the crackle tunes are dumb (yes including the ones provided by my tuner). But i respect that each has their own taste and am a firm believer of doing what you want with your own car.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Listen to PACDAWG, do not run these crackle tunes on a catted downpipe unless you want to have a bad time. Hell personally i think all the crackle tunes are dumb (yes including the ones provided by my tuner). But i respect that each has their own taste and am a firm believer of doing what you want with your own car.

Agree 100%

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

At least this goes for Cobb's iteration of a crackle tune. Don't know what APR does to keep CATs happy because they offer it on their stage 2 tunes and their downpipe is catted.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

At least this goes for Cobb's iteration of a crackle tune. Don't know what APR does to keep CATs happy because they offer it on their stage 2 tunes and their downpipe is catted.

Per Cobb, there seems to be a safety parameter in place that protects the cat. Maybe it'll prevent the pop/crackle when the cat gets hot enough? I think I read that APR does the same thing.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=548596&postcount=14

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Yea I've heard they would get crazy hot and roast it. Not worth the trouble. I figured for the extra 15 dollars for the tune I'd have him put it on and if it got annoying I'd get it taken off. To my surprise (at least with stratified) you need to get a really high rpm going and overrun it so I will really only hear it if I'm downshifting at a high rev. I'd hate for it to happen constantly that would be horrible.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
There are some logs of Strat tuning floating around. I hope yours does look better.
We're they not looking good? I don't believe I've seen any.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I won't comment too much, but it is not the most ideal.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38523
That's a brand new thread I haven't seen it. Did he ever confirm it was a stratified tune? I didn't see it. Could have missed it though. Anyways I'm new to the logging process I get the concept though that we shouldn't be getting afr in the low 11s on the mqb platform. So if I do, should I tell the tuner on the next revision to get that up?

EDIT: Actually I knew I saw something with them previously on afr. Here's from their site. http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/does-a-leaner-air-fuel-ratio-result-in-more-power-on-the-mk7-gti/

Last edited:

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
That's a brand new thread I haven't seen it. Did he ever confirm it was a stratified tune? I didn't see it. Could have missed it though. Anyways I'm new to the logging process I get the concept though that we shouldn't be getting afr in the low 11s on the mqb platform. So if I do, should I tell the tuner on the next revision to get that up?

If you know how to read a cobb log you can see it has the stratified ID on it.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
If you know how to read a cobb log you can see it has the stratified ID on it.
Yea I don't totally know how to read them. I get the idea of it though with the spreadsheet or a datazap view. I have afr monitored on the AP so Ill watch it going to work tonight. It will be my first longer drive on this tune, it's an hour each way. Anything else I should monitor in real time? I have boost, knock on all cylinders and afr.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI