GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Generally speaking, Stratified was a bit more mild, earlier shifts at low throttle. But was a bit more dynamic--ie with more throttle it would start shifting at higher rpms and such.

I think it's usually best to match ECU and DSG tunes, they are usually made hand-in-hand and directly effect each other. Shift points depend on accel pedal position, which are programmed in the DSG tune. But ECU tune determines how much accel pedal position is required for x torque request. You can get weird/unexpected behavior if you mix and match. I ran stock ECU tune / EQT DSg tune for a short time and it shifted at like 3-4k rpm all the time lol.

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
You've compared the two Golf R DSG tunes?
I have both, I agree with @aaronc7 about Stratified shifting a bit later with more input. I found it upshifts at higher RPM versus EQT across the board. I started with UM, which also shifts at a higher RPM than Stratified or EQT with light pedal input, which I didn't care for.

I still use the UM ECU tune but have never experienced any unusual shifting when mixing with the EQT and Strat TCU tunes.

stbou

you should expect an increase from our tune over the uni tune. This because our tune will be built for you mods(regardless of pro or flash) so you’ll be able to better utilize your parts like your intercooler that the uni tune does not.
Finally pulled the trigger for a stratified pro tune, order it today! My IS38 is on the way and I can’t wait to see that real potential the car have.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Got both stratified ECU and DSG flash tune. Was able to install stratified's ECU after running Cobb 91 stage 1 for a few days and I would say the difference is noticeable. Knock retard hit -6 on the Cobb while Stratified is basically 0. Waiting to receive my DSG flash but looking forward to it. Feel like Cobb's OEM+ didn't do much. I also get a free datalog so looking forward to getting my ECU tune refined.

*edit* ended up buying EQT stage 1 just for comparison reasons. Will update on which I feel is better.

Link to some data. Stratified 91 Tune W/ TIP, aFe Filter, RS3 Coil pack, RS7 plugs. https://datazap.me/u/zucchini/stratified-91-tune-w-cobb-oem?log=0&data=11-19-20-21-22

Last edited:

stbou

Tomorrow is the day for me guys. Getting my is38 in and then pro tune.
received my first map already and A LOT OF INFO thanks Stratified for that.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Dissapointed with the Stratified DSG tune. Didn't really feel that much better than OEM+ from Cobb and it also doesn't have gear view on the virtual cockpit. Flashed back to OEM+ and probably not gonna end up using stratified.