GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
hey @stbou,
Unfortunately, with Unitronic there isn't really a good way for you to know how the car is running. Running a 93 octane tune and running 91 octane is something that we do not recommend. Your car could be knocking or constantly pulling timing without you knowing(as yo don't have access to a logger as detailed as Cobb). I would recommend going with a dedicated 91 octane tune it'll be a lot better for you car in the long run and as its the fuel it's built for should net you more power and a smoother ride. Weather to go Pro or Flash is up to you. With a Pro tune you get the comfort of knowing the tune is purpose built for your car and your mods. It'll also net you the most power, while allowing some more customization. The Flash tune is great for those who want to load it and forget it. It'll be a very reliable tune built around the thousands of tunes we've done and the thousands of hours logged on our 3 development(shop) mk7's. The the Pro tune you will get the latest and greatest features from us, while the Flash tunes are versioned(we offer a version upgrade system when we release a new one). We also offer a proTune Top up system were you can update you pro tune at a reduced cost, this also includes upgrading to a different turbo. This can help you offset some of the costs of the protune when you upgrade to the IS38.

stbou

hey @stbou,
Unfortunately, with Unitronic there isn't really a good way for you to know how the car is running. Running a 93 octane tune and running 91 octane is something that we do not recommend. Your car could be knocking or constantly pulling timing without you knowing(as yo don't have access to a logger as detailed as Cobb). I would recommend going with a dedicated 91 octane tune it'll be a lot better for you car in the long run and as its the fuel it's built for should net you more power and a smoother ride. Weather to go Pro or Flash is up to you. With a Pro tune you get the comfort of knowing the tune is purpose built for your car and your mods. It'll also net you the most power, while allowing some more customization. The Flash tune is great for those who want to load it and forget it. It'll be a very reliable tune built around the thousands of tunes we've done and the thousands of hours logged on our 3 development(shop) mk7's. The the Pro tune you will get the latest and greatest features from us, while the Flash tunes are versioned(we offer a version upgrade system when we release a new one). We also offer a proTune Top up system were you can update you pro tune at a reduced cost, this also includes upgrading to a different turbo. This can help you offset some of the costs of the protune when you upgrade to the IS38.
Thanks. If I go pro tune, is the first revision the same as is I d go for the flash tune? If not, can you explain the difference?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks. If I go pro tune, is the first revision the same as is I d go for the flash tune? If not, can you explain the difference?
You start off with a base tune. This tune is mainly designed to make sure everything is working as expected on the car. It is going to be similar to the flash tune. Well then do revisions from there. Adding boost, timing and adjusting APRs among other things to add more power and to refine the tune to make it feel as though the car could of come this way from the factory.

stbou

You start off with a base tune. This tune is mainly designed to make sure everything is working as expected on the car. It is going to be similar to the flash tune. Well then do revisions from there. Adding boost, timing and adjusting APRs among other things to add more power and to refine the tune to make it feel as though the car could of come this way from the factory.
Makes sense. Back to my original question: can I still expect gain from your flash tune vs my uni? I’m guessing that yes because it would fit better on my car but would like your thoughts.
My understanding is that your flash tune will depend on my mod list?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Makes sense. Back to my original question: can I still expect gain from your flash tune vs my uni? I’m guessing that yes because it would fit better on my car but would like your thoughts.
My understanding is that your flash tune will depend on my mod list?

you should expect an increase from our tune over the uni tune. This because our tune will be built for you mods(regardless of pro or flash) so you’ll be able to better utilize your parts like your intercooler that the uni tune does not.

stbou

you should expect an increase from our tune over the uni tune. This because our tune will be built for you mods(regardless of pro or flash) so you’ll be able to better utilize your parts like your intercooler that the uni tune does not.
That would be great. So according to your site: 100usd for the tune, 40usd more if I order crakles, TC and break boost, then 50usd per refinement.
Are those options can be purchased at the same price, later on?

F1fletch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Rabbit GTI
Does Stratified have the ability to apply maps to settings on the car, so the car just isn’t in full sport + mode ALL the time whether I put it in sport or not? I have read Cobb can do some of this. I would want a 91tune and also a DSG 7sp tune. Mods are cat back exhaust, intake and colder plugs with APR coil packs (all in process).

appreciate your time

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Does Stratified have the ability to apply maps to settings on the car, so the car just isn’t in full sport + mode ALL the time whether I put it in sport or not? I have read Cobb can do some of this. I would want a 91tune and also a DSG 7sp tune. Mods are cat back exhaust, intake and colder plugs with APR coil packs (all in process).

appreciate your time
You can get different stages of tunes and select between them but it wouldn't be advisable if you tuned based on your mods. You can also choose from the different driving modes in the media center. It's best to just run the tune your mods were tuned for. As long as you don't get on it you won't notice the difference.

ericm979

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
The aim of this tune on top of improving shift times, increasing clamping force and adding features such as disabling forced shifts was to improve the shifting points and dynamics in Drive mode.

A lot of us spend significant time in Drive mode and we wanted to make sure the shifts maximize the experience in terms of response matching engine output as well as making sure Drive mode is still efficient. Drive has to feel both responsive enough and relaxed enough and not leave you feeling like the car has an annoying habit of being in the wrong gear.

Does the new DSG tune D mode no longer shift at fixed speeds?
as mentioned in this review: http://mygolfmk7.com/dsg-tcu-tune-mk7-gti

When will the 6 speed R's DSG tune be updated to match?

BTW thanks for your informative posts.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

With a DSG tune if you are in drive it will still shift at a certain speed. The difference is it won't gear hunt if your speed drops to a shift speed if you get the right DSG tune. The Cobb DSG tune will gear hunt.
The Stratified one won't nor will the EQT DSG tune. But the EQT is the best because Sport mode is fantastic.

And welcome to the forum.

ericm979

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Stock D mode will short shift if you're taking it easy or hold gears longer if you apply more throttle. Not long enough, but that's part of what I want a DSG tune for. Fixed shift points, if that's what the tune's D mode truly does, seems like it'd be a step backwards in sophistication. It's possible that I am mis-understanding the review.

Sport mode is too frenetic for me to use much for street driving. It'd be great on a road course but I don't do that. I do most of my sporty driving in manual mode. Higher shift points would make sport even less appealing, especially if they are fixed rather than taking throttle into account.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Stock D mode will short shift if you're taking it easy or hold gears longer if you apply more throttle. Not long enough, but that's part of what I want a DSG tune for. Fixed shift points, if that's what the tune's D mode truly does, seems like it'd be a step backwards in sophistication. It's possible that I am mis-understanding the review.

Sport mode is too frenetic for me to use much for street driving. It'd be great on a road course but I don't do that. I do most of my sporty driving in manual mode. Higher shift points would make sport even less appealing, especially if they are fixed rather than taking throttle into account.
What review?

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

I have the Stratified DSG tune with the recently updated file, when it shifts depends on how much gas you give it.

There's a video on that site showing how it shifts, though it was from a while ago and not the final version, but you get the idea of how it shifts. Here's the page with the preview: http://mygolfmk7.com/dsg-tune-catalog/