GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Im hoping someone here could let me know how long it takes to get the base tune after submitting the questionnaire? My husband bought me an accessport w/dsg tune and protune for xmas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It shouldn't take long, but have to factor in the weekends,"unless they work those" and the past holidays, plus I'm sure they are busy now with a handful of tuners.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Im hoping someone here could let me know how long it takes to get the base tune after submitting the questionnaire? My husband bought me an accessport w/dsg tune and protune for xmas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
When it wasn't a busy time I got mine in like 2 days. I'd give it a few seeing its holidays, weekend and who knows if there's any Canadian holidays going on lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Yea i'm ready for all the beans! I need a transmission mount though when i shift into second i you can feel it jerk :rolleyes: so will be ordering that today, other than that just waiting for my first set of logs to be sent back to me :)
I'm installing the ecs dogbone this week gonna see how that works. Then will probabaly going with some new engine mounts too I hear those work good as well.

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm installing the ecs dogbone this week gonna see how that works. Then will probabaly going with some new engine mounts too I hear those work good as well.

yea i'm shopping for those as we speak cant beat a 50$ upgrade might as well get a motor mount while i'm at it.

Jimdog

Passed Driver's Ed
yea i'm shopping for those as we speak cant beat a 50$ upgrade might as well get a motor mount while i'm at it.
Make sure you get a good engine mount. I had a cts turbo mount and it softened up over time. I got a ton of false knock because the engine was moving around so much. I went BFI and the false knock is all gone.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Make sure you get a good engine mount. I had a cts turbo mount and it softened up over time. I got a ton of false knock because the engine was moving around so much. I went BFI and the false knock is all gone.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim, i was actually looking at those too :( I'm glad i got someone with person experience. Better to spend the extra money the first time and not have to deal with the headache later.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
I'd also look into CP-E engine mounts. I had them on my last car and they were easily the best on the market. They are working on GTI mounts, they asked me to beta test them last year, but it wasn't a mod I was looking to do, so I passed it on to a friend of mine. He says they are so much better than the previous mounts he was running. I'm just not sure if CP-E has fully released them yet.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I'd also look into CP-E engine mounts. I had them on my last car and they were easily the best on the market. They are working on GTI mounts, they asked me to beta test them last year, but it wasn't a mod I was looking to do, so I passed it on to a friend of mine. He says they are so much better than the previous mounts he was running. I'm just not sure if CP-E has fully released them yet.

Looks like you can buy them. Interesting designs, but they are rubber as far as I can tell.

https://cp-e.com/shop/product-category/volkswagen/volkswagen-mk7/

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
$600?!?! or have I not been following mount pricing well enough....

$320/$260 isn't too out of line. Especially if its a comfortable alternative to the 034 and CTS which can snap. The Super Pro mounts on the other hand...

I am however quite happy with my $170 ECS engine mount and $50 BFI stage 2 transmission insert.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
$600?!?! or have I not been following mount pricing well enough....

$320/$260 isn't too out of line. Especially if its a comfortable alternative to the 034 and CTS which can snap. The Super Pro mounts on the other hand...

I am however quite happy with my $170 ECS engine mount and $50 BFI stage 2 transmission insert.

Their mounts are pricey but if you daily the car, it's worth it. I had them on my Focus ST. I had all 3 upgraded mounts and my previous mounts the car was a rattle box at idle. With the CPE mounts it was completely comfortable and held the engine perfectly in place.

The bushings are poly. In the FoST world I never heard of someone breaking their bushings on the upper mounts. a couple people had an issue on the lower and that was from a bad mold and was warrantied.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Their mounts are pricey but if you daily the car, it's worth it. I had them on my Focus ST. I had all 3 upgraded mounts and my previous mounts the car was a rattle box at idle. With the CPE mounts it was completely comfortable and held the engine perfectly in place.

The bushings are poly. In the FoST world I never heard of someone breaking their bushings on the upper mounts. a couple people had an issue on the lower and that was from a bad mold and was warrantied.

55a poly, nice. I'd probably give these a hard look if I weren't set up already. CTS and 034 motor mounts have snapped.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
55a poly, nice. I'd probably give these a hard look if I weren't set up already. CTS and 034 motor mounts have snapped.

My understanding is those mounts are just OEM mounts with stiffer bushings. The oem casting might not be able to handle the increased stress from the vibrations and stress crack

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG

How was installing the stage 2 transmission insert? Correct me if I'm wrong, but newer MQB cars can't just replace the transmission insert, right?

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed

I checked them out ...man with taxes and shipping $600+ I guess its the quality?:confused: