Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
this one right?

1660971047468.png

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yes, that's actually a pic from the install and i had asked before if that was normal and was told it is. Still looks the same

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I assume the MAP sensor install is just a simple swap, nothing else needs to be done right? (disconnect battery, spin around on right foot 3 times, etc)

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You need to tune for it, but yeah simple swap.
It’s not a higher reading sensor, just a stock replacement one… daks fooled him into just shot gunning parts at the car to diagnose the selective part throttle stumble he mentioned above.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Ok, went for a drive and car felt good

installed map sensor (clips survived), reinstalled old rs7 plugs with 7k miles on them, swapped coils around - noticed when tightening the bolts one of them doesn't tighten down, maybe it was coming loose and causing the issue? Probably not(?) but would explain why the issue went away for a while after installing the grounding kit.

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Also noticed one of the ruths gap closed to ~0.021, wanna say they were 0.024" when I installed them ~5k miles ago, installed the RS7s at 0.026"

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Found I have a new code (no light): U112E/431A, which appears to be "lost communication with throttle position sensor" - might be the cause of the power stumble? Will try resetting it later w/ obd11. Doesn't really explain (to me at least) why it gets worse as the car gets hotter but worth a shot

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Anyone running/try Stratified's 87 octane stage 2 tune?

Interested as I am planning a cross country road trip and most likely won't have access to the normal 91/93 at certain points.