GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange hesitation under Acceleration?

DoMk7

Ready to race!
I have started to notice recently while driving my car there are times that it feels like it hesitates slightly under acceleration. I have noticed it twice so far while driving under normal/city driving conditions with the A/C on. It is noticeable while it is happening and almost feels like the ECU is doing some sort of "recalibrating" and then it goes away. I would say the duration of the event is roughly 3sec long. The car does not go into any sort of limp mode nor any lights come on on the dash. Under consistent throttle, I notice some hesitation usually only in 3rd gear. I can't get the car to replicate it and once it happens the car drives perfectly fine. But it still feels strange and I would like to know whats happening. It hasn't happened while the A/C is off so I am thinking that may have something to do with it. Any insight is greatly appreciated

My car is a 6mt, stock tune, APR intake

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Might be compressor kicking on.... just a thought

dougcee

Ready to race!
Yeah, under light throttle or heavy throttle you never feel anything weird, but if you kind of go in the middle you can feel some "surges" sometimes. I agree. I think it has to do with our very intelligent ECU's.

DoMk7

Ready to race!
Our compressors are always on when the AC is on. No cycling on or off.

But the compressor is off when the A/C is off, Correct? It is so hot down here in Florida right now I don't drive much with my A/C turned off so I can't test this to see if the car will replicate the issue with the A/C off.