GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange engine rattle

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Hi guys. Posted it on the general section of the forum and thought I'd post it here too. Just wanted to see if anyone's having similar issues to mine. I have a very "bassy" rattle from the engine whenever I shift gears but it doesn't happen all the time. However, it's more frequent when the car just engages into first gear or when I'm on first gear and I let go of the gas. Any thoughts. I can only hear it when the radio's not on. I don't know if it can lead to anything bigger than that.

Randomly I heard the rattle when I was at around 120kph and I let go of the gas too..

Would really appreciate any comments... or even speculations for that matter (just to try and rule things out)..

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Try taking a video and posting it as that might help us understand the sound better.

The dsg makes a clunky noise too.

The 120kph rattle is a first.

Also, having the videos on hand will help if there indeed is a problem and can be shown to the service people. :)

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Try taking a video and posting it as that might help us understand the sound better.

The dsg makes a clunky noise too.

The 120kph rattle is a first.

Also, having the videos on hand will help if there indeed is a problem and can be shown to the service people. :)

Yup, I thought about that too.. Will do so..