GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stoptech ST40 brake pad options

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
What model car do you search for when searching for brake pads for ST40 355mm kit? I see mention of Porsche big red turbo pads, but have no idea what that is specifically.

What pads are you using for your st40 kit (specific part #) ? Pros/cons
Street?
Track?
Autocross?

I actually like the stock Stoptech pads, I think they're 308, but it's time for a replacement as the brakes have gotten soft. Mainly for street and autox, and would rather stock with 1 pad for that. If I do a track day, will change out. Might stick with those unless there's a better option.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
I think the Stoptech Sport pads are actually pretty good for street or autocross use. For the track, I've been running PFC08, (p/n 0447.08.17.44) in my M3 with those calipers. I typically get 5-6 events out of a set, but they do tend to be hard on rotors. They don't transmit much heat to the caliper compared to some pads I've tried (like G-Loc R12), so fluid boiling is less of an issue. With the Hawk DTC, I was lucky to get two events.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I think the Stoptech Sport pads are actually pretty good for street or autocross use. For the track, I've been running PFC08, (p/n 0447.08.17.44) in my M3 with those calipers. I typically get 5-6 events out of a set, but they do tend to be hard on rotors. They don't transmit much heat to the caliper compared to some pads I've tried (like G-Loc R12), so fluid boiling is less of an issue. With the Hawk DTC, I was lucky to get two events.

Ok. Cool. I'll probably stick with the stoptech 309 pads for my street and autox. For the price, I think they've held up pretty well.

When I start to track, if heard good things about pagid 29. Any idea how they compare to the pfc

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
What model car do you search for when searching for brake pads for ST40 355mm kit? I see mention of Porsche big red turbo pads, but have no idea what that is specifically.

What pads are you using for your st40 kit (specific part #) ? Pros/cons
Street?
Track?
Autocross?

I actually like the stock Stoptech pads, I think they're 308, but it's time for a replacement as the brakes have gotten soft. Mainly for street and autox, and would rather stock with 1 pad for that. If I do a track day, will change out. Might stick with those unless there's a better option.

Have you tried talking to the folks at buybrakes.com?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion