GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock fuel lines on ethanol

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Just curious, any other dummies out there running e50 or higher without replacing their fuel lines? Ive only gone about 1,200 miles/3 months of e50 but I’m curious what kind of life I can expect from the stock fuel lines before I upgrade.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
OP, need to borrow your threat here.
same newbie/idiotic question, am on APR stage 1 high torque 91 file, will running E85 do any damage to the car?
thx

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
same newbie/idiotic question, am on APR stage 1 high torque 91 file, will running E85 do any damage to the car?
thx
You need to run a tune meant for e85. Adding a gallon or so probably wouldn’t hurt, but I wouldn’t run any substantial blend of ethanol without a proper tune.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
thx
so 3-4 ish gallons of E85 seemed to make my APR S2 run way smoother. It idled more quietly, which was impressive through my 3.5" TBE. Seemed a little zippier up top, since I imagine less timing was being pulled than normal

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Just curious, any other dummies out there running e50 or higher without replacing their fuel lines? Ive only gone about 1,200 miles/3 months of e50 but I’m curious what kind of life I can expect from the stock fuel lines before I upgrade.
Do you mean... like... degrading due to the ethanol? That hasn't been a thing on cars since before the 2000's...

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Virtually all of the OE seals/lines are ethanol-safe nowadays. Seen more issues with janky aftermarket filters, corroded fuel pump wiring and smelly lines than the OE stuff.

phecker410

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R 6MT
Do you mean... like... degrading due to the ethanol? That hasn't been a thing on cars since before the 2000's...
I sure am- thanks I did not know that. I was using a drum pump that apparently wasn’t ethanol safe (rubber seals started corroding- my own fault). It made me wonder about the rubber fuel lines.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I sure am- thanks I did not know that. I was using a drum pump that apparently wasn’t ethanol safe (rubber seals started corroding- my own fault). It made me wonder about the rubber fuel lines.
Yea, np. Ethanol compatible fuel lines have been the standard on cars in the US starting in the early 2000's.