GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Still crying over my clutch. Does this cost sound crazy?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Im thinking of getting a new clutch soon. Long term goals is a 400ish hp litcco is38x my car is a dd no track just mob around town. You think SB stage 2 daily will suffice? I think its rated to 400tq any of the SB STAGE 2 are resonable in price its when u go to stg3 it jumps like 400$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Im thinking of getting a new clutch soon. Long term goals is a 400ish hp litcco is38x my car is a dd no track just mob around town. You think SB stage 2 daily will suffice? I think its rated to 400tq any of the SB STAGE 2 are resonable in price its when u go to stg3 it jumps like 400$

I'm going apr stage 2 on my R, and have the stage 3 daily waiting to go on. Buy once, cry once.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
I would just like to say that driving your R like a granny for 500 miles after new clutch install really sucks.
I'll find out tomorrow... not looking forward to it.
Update on my clutch install, initial quote was reasonable. Once they got the car in the shop and looked it up on alldata (or whatever the shop uses for book hour lookup) the install price went up considerably. Whatever, install my clutch and don't fuck it up. I expect perfection now.

AR11

Ready to race!
Local independent in SF bay area (dubclinic) quoted 1,150 including removing bleed block restriction (their suggestion). Sounds right or keep shopping?

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
My initial estimate was lower, until they got it in and looked at it. Then it was 1200 for the clutch and downpipe.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Just got quoted 950 for install, looking to grab the stage 3 daily. they said they would throw in the clutch line for free (thinking of buying a stainless steel). Im thinking this may be high, its a pro shop and i know it will be done correctly but i guess ill shop around. Edit: for a GTI

Edit: setup an appt with New German Performance in Aberdeen MD. A little bit of a drive but they gave me a great price and I can't wait to get it installed

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Just got quoted 950 for install, looking to grab the stage 3 daily. they said they would throw in the clutch line for free (thinking of buying a stainless steel). Im thinking this may be high, its a pro shop and i know it will be done correctly but i guess ill shop around. Edit: for a GTI

Edit: setup an appt with New German Performance in Aberdeen MD. A little bit of a drive but they gave me a great price and I can't wait to get it installed
Dude, check out country dubs in white Marsh if you don't mind a little bit of a drive.

They have some great prices on labor and materials
http://countrydubs.com/

This shop will also be about a hour and a half closer to you compared to NOVA.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Dude, check out country dubs in white Marsh if you don't mind a little bit of a drive.

They have some great prices on labor and materials

http://countrydubs.com/

This shop will also be about a hour and a half closer to you compared to NOVA.

I live 20 min from philly, new german is about 1.5 hr from me but the labor is a lil over 600 and i think thats really fair. So i went with them

hotchicken

Ready to race!
I live 20 min from philly, new german is about 1.5 hr from me but the labor is a lil over 600 and i think thats really fair. So i went with them

I paid $950 in Nashville after being quoted almost $1500 by another local shop. I think $600 sounds really good to me.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
How much work is it to remove a transfer case? Definitely going to be a price difference.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I paid $950 in Nashville after being quoted almost $1500 by another local shop. I think $600 sounds really good to me.

Ya thats what im thinking 630 is great, little travel yes, but my normal shop quoted 954 which was alot imo. I guess, it depends on where you live and you gotta shop around. My normal shop turned into a high end shop so their likely not going to be used much going forward