GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Still crying over my clutch. Does this cost sound crazy?

hotchicken

Ready to race!
Got it back!

Just picked up the car from having the new South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch installed. Have to take it easy for ~500 miles or so of break in. Excited to see the difference. I will post a review separately.

ATR

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'17 Golf R 6mt
Just picked up the car from having the new South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch installed. Have to take it easy for ~500 miles or so of break in. Excited to see the difference. I will post a review separately.
I'm pretty sure that the break in on the Stage 2 Endurance is closer to 1000 miles.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Appointment set for clutch and downpipe, should be picking up Friday. I could do the downpipe myself, but since they're in there, might as well. Problem is, I am 6 miles from APR this week, and won't be back here for a month for work.

mk7_bk

Go Kart Champion
Im thinking of getting a new clutch soon. Long term goals is a 400ish hp litcco is38x my car is a dd no track just mob around town. You think SB stage 2 daily will suffice? I think its rated to 400tq any of the SB STAGE 2 are resonable in price its when u go to stg3 it jumps like 400$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Im thinking of getting a new clutch soon. Long term goals is a 400ish hp litcco is38x my car is a dd no track just mob around town. You think SB stage 2 daily will suffice? I think its rated to 400tq any of the SB STAGE 2 are resonable in price its when u go to stg3 it jumps like 400$

I'm going apr stage 2 on my R, and have the stage 3 daily waiting to go on. Buy once, cry once.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
I would just like to say that driving your R like a granny for 500 miles after new clutch install really sucks.
I'll find out tomorrow... not looking forward to it.
Update on my clutch install, initial quote was reasonable. Once they got the car in the shop and looked it up on alldata (or whatever the shop uses for book hour lookup) the install price went up considerably. Whatever, install my clutch and don't fuck it up. I expect perfection now.

AR11

Ready to race!
Local independent in SF bay area (dubclinic) quoted 1,150 including removing bleed block restriction (their suggestion). Sounds right or keep shopping?

mk7_bk

Go Kart Champion
Just got quoted 950 for install, looking to grab the stage 3 daily. they said they would throw in the clutch line for free (thinking of buying a stainless steel). Im thinking this may be high, its a pro shop and i know it will be done correctly but i guess ill shop around. Edit: for a GTI

Edit: setup an appt with New German Performance in Aberdeen MD. A little bit of a drive but they gave me a great price and I can't wait to get it installed

Last edited:

ATR

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'17 Golf R 6mt
Just got quoted 950 for install, looking to grab the stage 3 daily. they said they would throw in the clutch line for free (thinking of buying a stainless steel). Im thinking this may be high, its a pro shop and i know it will be done correctly but i guess ill shop around. Edit: for a GTI

Edit: setup an appt with New German Performance in Aberdeen MD. A little bit of a drive but they gave me a great price and I can't wait to get it installed
Dude, check out country dubs in white Marsh if you don't mind a little bit of a drive.

They have some great prices on labor and materials
http://countrydubs.com/

This shop will also be about a hour and a half closer to you compared to NOVA.

mk7_bk

Go Kart Champion
Dude, check out country dubs in white Marsh if you don't mind a little bit of a drive.

They have some great prices on labor and materials

http://countrydubs.com/

This shop will also be about a hour and a half closer to you compared to NOVA.

I live 20 min from philly, new german is about 1.5 hr from me but the labor is a lil over 600 and i think thats really fair. So i went with them

hotchicken

Ready to race!
I live 20 min from philly, new german is about 1.5 hr from me but the labor is a lil over 600 and i think thats really fair. So i went with them

I paid $950 in Nashville after being quoted almost $1500 by another local shop. I think $600 sounds really good to me.

mk7_bk

Go Kart Champion
I paid $950 in Nashville after being quoted almost $1500 by another local shop. I think $600 sounds really good to me.

Ya thats what im thinking 630 is great, little travel yes, but my normal shop quoted 954 which was alot imo. I guess, it depends on where you live and you gotta shop around. My normal shop turned into a high end shop so their likely not going to be used much going forward