GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel vibration lane assist

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Does the steering wheel vibrate if you wander outside your lane while using lane assist in the safety package on a mk7.5?Mine did it once or twice and that was it.Hasn't done it since.Is there a obd11 tweak to activate this if possible?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Does the steering wheel vibrate if you wander outside your lane while using lane assist in the safety package on a mk7.5?Mine did it once or twice and that was it.Hasn't done it since.Is there a obd11 tweak to activate this if possible?
It only works when it detects you nearly crossing painted lines without signaling in my experience. It doesn't always "see" them right though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
The lane assist is only active if you see the green lines in the dash. If they are yellow, lane assist is not active. So it will go on and off depending how well it can see the lane markings. If you veer way outside your lane it will vibrate. But if it is active, you usually never get to that point because it has already auto corrected by moving you back in the lane, so its rare you'd feel it unless you were overriding the lane assist by steering into other lane.

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Just read in the manual that you must have lane assist and blind spot monitoring enabled.When you go to change lanes with your blinker on and bsm activated your wheel will vibrate and the lane assist will move you back into your lane if their is a chance of a collision.It will not vibrate when drifting out of your lane say cruising on the highway with lane assist activated.Doh,should have read the manual before posting.lol