GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering Wheel Re-Trim Service

Navi

Autocross Champion
Not sure where mine is from because urotuning set up the whole thing. They killed it with price, look and quality though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Don't have a picture in good lighting, but this is my TAW wheel. The center stripe(s) on the first one they sent me weren't perfectly aligned. I sent it back and they sent me a new one with no questions asked. I love the wheel and their service is great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
How much did that cost you?

fnb3079

Car(s)
2019 AllTrack S
Does anyone know if TAW is still in business? Their site name just goes to GoDaddy and FB Messenger doesn't seem to be working either.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i've heard lots of shady details about TAW, would avoid.

Love the OP's setup though, i might have to do that!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I like my TAW wheel, but I wouldn't pay what I paid for it today. Based on how long it took to get my mine back then I very strongly suspect they were just ordering from one of the aliexpress suppliers. As mentioned, the stripe on my first wheel was misaligned and I was sent a replacement. No problem with that one up until today. But I'm not willing to pay the mark-up/middle man pricing since it doesn't get you anything.

If I was replacing my wheel today I would have zero problem ordering from AliExpress. I probably wouldn't get a stripe just because it's something that has to be perfect... or else cannot be unseen once seen. That being said, there are reputable vendors selling wheels that I'm sure are from the same sources. I assume that paying their mark up means they are ordering them from a vendor they have vetted/trust and are putting them through some type of quality control before shipping them to you.

A re-trim of your existing wheel by a good shop would, I expect, be of better quality.