GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Standard LSD - Pre 2019?

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Hey, sorry for the stupid question, but I thought the LSD was not standard on the older model years and only came with the PP?

I'm looking at the window sticker of a couple SE's and the VAQ LSD is listed as standard equipment. No mention of the performance pack either.

http://windowsticker.carvana.com/pr...WS_id7160c1de-c93d-11e9-ab7c-021bd00a4197.pdf

I'm thinking about getting into one of these again for track and DD use. Last one I had was a base, so I'd really like to see how they perform with the LSD and sport suspension.

Also, how's the reliability once mileage gets high? The one I'm considering has over 61k. I never had any issues with mine, but it had half the miles. FWIW, I do plan on tuning.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Nevermind. I guess the LSD became standard on SE's after 2015? Been out the loop for a bit. Anyway, any concerns I should have with the mileage? It does have good service records.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
2018 SE and Autobahn have standard VAQ and all the stuff that used to be PP, but your window sticker is 2017. IDK about that.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I believe the PP was standard on my 2017 SE. The only option was the lighting package. Not sure the variances in years tho. I'm pretty sure it wasn't standard on any trim in 2015

and I haven't had any reliability issues but my car is barely over 20k miles

relive

Ready to race!
Performance Package was standard on any 2017 and 2018 non-S. For 2015 and 2016, it was an optional package for all trims.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the clarification. I ended up getting a manual with less miles. Just have to wait a couple weeks till it gets here (Carvana).