GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stain on dash of 2021 GTI

mk7.5owner

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
This car is brand new and it had these streaks across the dash upon delivery. I was thinking it could be possible airbag sticker residue but I’m not sure. I’ve tried basic interior cleaner and a MF cloth. A white vinegar and water solution applied with a MF towel. I’m not really comfortable putting any harsher chemicals on the dash. Would this be something my warranty would possibly cover. Please send any tips or advice!!!! I’ve attached a photo of the dash.

Attachments

• 2C7365B4-B4DC-4955-95C5-B8D9C7E69EFA.jpeg
    2C7365B4-B4DC-4955-95C5-B8D9C7E69EFA.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 164

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why aren't you going right back to the dealer. It's their job to fix it. If you try to fix it you might be screwed.

mk7.5owner

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
I just honestly haven’t had time to but I’m planning too this weekend.
Also do I need to take it to the dealership I purchased it from? Because it’s over two hours away and would be much easier to take it to a local dealership.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Also do I need to take it to the dealership I purchased it from? Because it’s over two hours away and would be much easier to take it to a local dealership.
Probably since it's brand new. Won't matter in the future but since this was the way it was delivered to you I would say yes because the other dealer wouldn't be able to prove who did it.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Take it to any dealer. It's under warranty. If it can be cleaned, any dealer will gladly do it. If it's a defective dash, any dealer would be happy to do the warranty replacement - gotta be a buttload of labor to pull/replace the dash. Good luck.

haste

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'21 GTI SE, '15 FiST
Good luck with that. When I bought my '21 GTI I noticed a bad scuff on the driver side mirror cap and a scratch near the driver door handle. The dealer(Fairfax, VA) basically told me buy the car as-is or they will just sell it to someone else. This was JUST before new car prices went insane. I really can't complain too much since we got a really good deal but it was still annoying.

I hope you have a different experience than me.

mk7.5owner

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
Good luck with that. When I bought my '21 GTI I noticed a bad scuff on the driver side mirror cap and a scratch near the driver door handle. The dealer(Fairfax, VA) basically told me buy the car as-is or they will just sell it to someone else. This was JUST before new car prices went insane. I really can't complain too much since we got a really good deal but it was still annoying.

I hope you have a different experience than me.
Yeah luckily the dealer said they will replace the entire dash under warranty or re-dye it. I personally dont know how i feel about a bunch of techs ripping my dash apart. Sounds like a recipe for electrical issues and rattles. Still not sure what i want to do….