GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 APR with downpipe- What comes next?

hopesasquashed

Car(s)
Golf 2015 MK7 1.8T
I have a Stage 2 Tune with a downpipe in my 1.8T. It's faster, bolder, and loves premium gas.

So, what's the catch?

I've already installed the upgraded clutch.
Anything else I ought to upgrade to hold the extra power? Anyone else with experience with this engine and tune?

Thanks so much for any input!

Slick99

Ready to race!
go for IS20 turbo with stage 2 +

tigeo

Autocross Champion
IS20 or 38 is the no-brainer to get you the next big jump in power.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Bang for the buck the IS20 is a better upgrade and a IC. But the IC is still a great mod.

You want a good IC when you're doing mexican roll races for pinks.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
You’re gonna need to keep the traction on wot before you IS20. Summer tires, stiffer springs/shocks and for me the hugest bang for buck in keeping traction was a Powerflex hybrid dogbone insert. That along with ESC delete on long press and turning off the torque limiter will take you pretty far. You may want to start thinking engine and trans mounts, too.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
You’re gonna need to keep the traction on wot before you IS20. Summer tires, stiffer springs/shocks and for me the hugest bang for buck in keeping traction was a Powerflex hybrid dogbone insert. That along with ESC delete on long press and turning off the torque limiter will take you pretty far. You may want to start thinking engine and trans mounts, too.
Or awd...ahahahah...then you don't really need any of that. Just send it!