GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Definitely depends on how you drive.

You can roast the clutch with stock power if you're special enough. You can kill the clutch with stage 1 power in a few pulls if you've got clutch killing driving habits without realizing.

Roll them dice obviously.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
In my case it wasn't even clutch slip, or there was, but that was only after I destroyed the flywheel and pressure plate and nearly put holes in my bellhousing.

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
A lot of people have told me once I stage my stock clutch will go almost immediately
Most of the time that is correct, it all depends on how you drive the car, if you’re pegging redline most of the time, you’re gonna wear it out and with the added torque you may cook the clutch fully. I drive hard and I cooked my clutch on a JB4 custom map before I had even flash tuned the car. All depends on the driver

MadSc13ntist

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2013 GTI
Grey with MT.

Attachments

• 9EE74B2E-B205-4E2A-9CE4-963EB5E2B512.jpeg
    9EE74B2E-B205-4E2A-9CE4-963EB5E2B512.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 131

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Those are my favorite of all of stock wheels. Looking to get some Rotiform BLQ's down the road. Really thinking about the red ones for some serious color pop.
977E7B16-2E45-4256-96CC-F4344551CE4C.jpeg
Gli Edition 30

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
Something that hasn’t been covered, if you’re going to be doing some spirited driving, get rid of some of VW’s clutch pedal helpers. There’s a flow restrictor in the bleeder block and a helper spring on the clutch pedal which when removed allow for a more natural, positive engagement.

I just replaced my clutch this weekend and performed these (free!) mods, and after owning a mk 6 GTI and now my mk 7 R I’m ashamed I didn’t do this sooner. On hard launches with my R, I could actually feel the clutch engaging slowly! My foot could beat the pedal up. Now, the engagement is much. Ore linear and predictable.

As for what clutch I put in. I chose the HS Tuning RSR clutch. It’s the second one I’ve put in (also had it on my GTI) and I really like it. Yeah, I know the part numbers are out there but HS is a local shop and I’ve got no issues supporting them, they’ve helped me out a few times in the past.

MadSc13ntist

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2013 GTI
Something that hasn’t been covered, if you’re going to be doing some spirited driving, get rid of some of VW’s clutch pedal helpers. There’s a flow restrictor in the bleeder block and a helper spring on the clutch pedal which when removed allow for a more natural, positive engagement.

I just replaced my clutch this weekend and performed these (free!) mods, and after owning a mk 6 GTI and now my mk 7 R I’m ashamed I didn’t do this sooner. On hard launches with my R, I could actually feel the clutch engaging slowly! My foot could beat the pedal up. Now, the engagement is much. Ore linear and predictable.

As for what clutch I put in. I chose the HS Tuning RSR clutch. It’s the second one I’ve put in (also had it on my GTI) and I really like it. Yeah, I know the part numbers are out there but HS is a local shop and I’ve got no issues supporting them, they’ve helped me out a few times in the past.
Those mods work on the MK6 GTI as well ?

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep, same setup as the mk 7. Of these two mods, the bleeder delay valve is a little more difficult to get to (need to remove intake and battery box) and a little messier & involved (brake fluid and bleeding the line). The spring is easy enough to remove, it helps to have the clutch pedal depressed (I used a 2x4 wedged between the pedal and seat) and the you gotta get on your back and you’ll see it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
May as well delete the swirl valve too with a stainless clutch line.