GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 , Milltek Downpipe ??

haflidi3

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Clubsport
Hey everyone ! , Im new here and am planning on installing a 200 cell milltek downpipe on my gti clubsport. I am currently stage 1 and was wondering if anyone else here has done the same without issues ?.
I plan on going stage 2 in around mid-july.
These are the mods i have already
-Complete Intake setup.
- Stage 1
- TCU tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum. I don't know what your summer temperatures are but if it gets above 85-90* you should consider an intercooler.

haflidi3

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Clubsport
Welcome to the forum. I don't know what your summer temperatures are but if it gets above 85-90* you should consider an intercooler.
It doesnt get that hot really. It only gets up to around 10*C and up to 20*C at best in the summer. Im not too concerned about heat issues since its only a daily and never tracked. Just thinking if i will be ok running the downpipe with current setup until july ??
:)
And thank you ! :)

Last edited:

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
I’d wait on running the downpipe until you have the proper file. And as mentioned above you really should have an intercooler for stage 1 let alone stage 2.

haflidi3

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Clubsport
I’d wait on running the downpipe until you have the proper file. And as mentioned above you really should have an intercooler for stage 1 let alone stage 2.
Im looking for someone who has run a downpipe with a stage 1. Intercooler is just optional for stage 1 and 2 if you look on racingline.com . Not required

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Im looking for someone who has run a downpipe with a stage 1. Intercooler is just optional for stage 1 and 2 if you look on racingline.com . Not required
If you want to take advantage of the power you paid for, an intercooler should absolutely be a requirement. A ton of people temporarily run downpipes before they get a stage 2 file. I myself did it recently for about a week when waiting for mine. The point I’m trying to make is to utilize the hardware once you have the software. Sure you’ll pick up a few whp adding the dp while on the stage 1 file but it’s not truly optimized to run an aftermarket dp like stage 2 is.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you want to take advantage of the power you paid for, an intercooler should absolutely be a requirement. A ton of people temporarily run downpipes before they get a stage 2 file. I myself did it recently for about a week when waiting for mine. The point I’m trying to make is to utilize the hardware once you have the software. Sure you’ll pick up a few whp adding the dp while on the stage 1 file but it’s not truly optimized to run an aftermarket dp like stage 2 is.
You're right about the intercooler but in the case of the OP he lives in Iceland and said the summertime temperature rarely goes over 70*.

haflidi3

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Clubsport
Cool ! , i did pass on putting on the downpipe for now