GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 Intermittent cylinder 2 misfire

Metro424

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I’m about to order injectors and a media blaster and will send off the log to EQT and see what they say. I don’t feel like taking the manifold off first to do carbon cleaning and a second time if I have faulty injectors and didn’t swap them out the first time.

fingers crossed!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well I’m about to order injectors and a media blaster and will send off the log to EQT and see what they say. I don’t feel like taking the manifold off first to do carbon cleaning and a second time if I have faulty injectors and didn’t swap them out the first time.

fingers crossed!
What injectors are you getting?

Metro424

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally sent the log to EQT they didn’t see any issue with the log and said it’s likely sharply or spark plug gap related. Plugs are correctly gapped and well under 10,000 old. I’ve been on the base Cobb stage 1 93oct with no EPC issues for the last 2 weeks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Finally sent the log to EQT they didn’t see any issue with the log and said it’s likely sharply or spark plug gap related. Plugs are correctly gapped and well under 10,000 old. I’ve been on the base Cobb stage 1 93oct with no EPC issues for the last 2 weeks
What are you gapping them at? What brand of plugs.

Metro424

Passed Driver's Ed
What are you gapping them at? What brand of plugs.
NGK PLFER7A8EG. Gapped 0.024” almost brand new. It’s always misfire on cylinder 2. Spark plugs changed like 2000miles ago and coil packs moved from cylinder 4 to cylinder 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
NGK PLFER7A8EG. Gapped 0.024” almost brand new. It’s always misfire on cylinder 2. Spark plugs changed like 2000miles ago and coil packs moved from cylinder 4 to cylinder 2
Plugs look good and don't show symptoms of misfiring.

Metro424

Passed Driver's Ed
Plugs look good and don't show symptoms of misfiring.
My initial log to EQT was with the default Cobb log settings. I’m going to redo it with their recommended log list and see if they see anything different. After that I’m back to my initial guess of carbon buildup/ injectors while I’m in there.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
My initial log to EQT was with the default Cobb log settings. I’m going to redo it with their recommended log list and see if they see anything different. After that I’m back to my initial guess of carbon buildup/ injectors while I’m in there.
Can you post that list from EQT ones you get a hold of it? Log list