Stage 1 Intermittent cylinder 2 misfire

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Could it be a faulty injector?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
can also get 1 gallon of E85 to a full tank of pump gas or a can of torco unleaded and if it goes away it's probably just a touch too aggressive tune or something fuel related, but if that big boost in octane doesn't make it go away then something else going on. just one easy thing to check

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How about flash to stock and see if you still have issues. Maybe load the Cobb tune and see if you have it still.

If you can't replicate the issue stock or Cobb stage 1, then it's likely your new tune.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So no one thinks it could be carbon buildup or fuel injector related? I’ll try to go get some logs now

It could be, but it would probably affect stock and all tunes to some degree.

Metro424

Passed Driver's Ed
He didn't say anything about the number of misfires did he?
Not sure how to find out the number of misfires. I was able to catch a log with EPC light activation but I’ll have to sift through like 30 logs that I just took. Pulled over and flashed to stock, did a couple pulls on Map 0 I was showing a highest knock average of -2.62. I wasn’t able to get the EPC light to come on with Simulated stock map but I also was tired and didn’t do as many pulls.

Metro424

Passed Driver's Ed
Time to do a compression test, cross your fingers, and hope for the best. Although if you've eliminated plugs and coils as the problem, the outlook isn't looking good.
Ran to hazard fraught and got a compression tester. All 4 cylinders were 180+\- 10. It is harbor freight but even if it reads high all 4 are reading about the same. I’m attempting to post a pic of the spark plugs with ~500ish miles and a pic of the compression test.

Attachments

• C51D93AD-9E6C-49B4-8671-4DD134DD1472.jpeg
    C51D93AD-9E6C-49B4-8671-4DD134DD1472.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ran to hazard fraught and got a compression tester. All 4 cylinders were 180+\- 10. It is harbor freight but even if it reads high all 4 are reading about the same. I’m attempting to post a pic of the spark plugs with ~500ish miles and a pic of the compression test.
Obviously the problem isn't compression or plugs. Those plugs look good.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Fuel injector?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

That's good. And yeah, consistency is what's important. All pumps are different, things like elevation, etc... As long as they're all in the same range, that's fine. I know if I was in your shoes, I'd be breathing a little bit easier now.