GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 APR ECM and Stage 1 APR TCM

prime8evolved

Passed Driver's Ed
So, after being forced to listen to many vehicles get dyno'd at the shop next to my work site, I bit the bullet and went with the APR "Stage 1" tune.
I had the Neuspeed module in and I will post the Dyno result of previous and current.

First pull with the Neuspeed was garbage so he did 4 total.

First and second pull with the APR he measured in 3rd where 4th is closer to 1:1. SO.. Pulls 3 and 4 are more accurate numbers.

Attachments

• NEUSPEED_GOLFR.jpg
    NEUSPEED_GOLFR.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 215
  • APR_STG1_GOLFR.jpg
    APR_STG1_GOLFR.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 206

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So you gained 30 and 30. Nice. Does it drive a lot different

prime8evolved

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I chose the high torque tune with the DSG tune as well.

It's been one day and I haven't had much time to play with it yet.. Soon ™

Initial reaction.. I just went from 70 mph to 100 mph and I barely had time to blink.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You're right. Torque should peak much sooner. Plus the curve is terrible. Torque should peak around 3500 RPM and remain relatively flat until about 5000 RPM and by then HP should surpass it. It holds peak HP for only a few hundred RPMs.

prime8evolved

Passed Driver's Ed
You're right. Torque should peak much sooner. Plus the curve is terrible. Torque should peak around 3500 RPM and remain relatively flat until about 5000 RPM and by then HP should surpass it. It holds peak HP for only a few hundred RPMs.

I'll have them run it again at the end of the week after the ECU has had time to adjust to the modifications APR hit it with. Since this is my first go around with something of this nature, any feedback is welcome for sure.

prime8evolved

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I asked them to run it again and here are the results. First pull was in 4th and last three were in 5th.. Now mind you in my opening post, the last two pulls were in 4th.

Regardless of all of that, I am quite pleased with the results. Only issue now is to make sure I am using 93 octane fuel..

Attachments

• Glenn Golf R APR.jpg
    Glenn Golf R APR.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 137

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Is this an R or a GTI (I see it says R on the dyno, but you've posted in the GTI section)?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm confused as well on the dyno results. How is the R getting below factory advertised HP with the Neuspeed?

That's wheel HP and torque in his dyno chart. A stock R probably has about 265 wheel HP.

prime8evolved

Passed Driver's Ed
Clearly mistakes were made with my original post. I'll see if a moderator can remedy my mistake. My dyno runs were done on an AWD Dyno. Other runs I have seen are strictly done on FWD. In a perfect world these numbers might be close to the same.. However, I am sure there are discrepancies.

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Clearly mistakes were made with my original post. I'll see if a moderator can remedy my mistake. My dyno runs were done on an AWD Dyno. Other runs I have seen are strictly done on FWD. In a perfect world these numbers might be close to the same.. However, I am sure there are discrepancies.

Just re-confirming, but this is an R on the APR Stage 1 93 Octane High Torque file?