GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRS-Tec MK7 GTI Bumper Flare Group Buy

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I know it's not the Acadia's fault but I'm starting to think this package could be lost. Two months of no movement is very very odd. Hopefully we get some info this week from anybody

Last edited:

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
well well look who I saw this morning. Funny this my first time seeing DHL. Its always UPS,FEDEX n USPS I see
A5D9FF3E-E784-40B7-9B77-69EF70A52480.jpeg

cb1111

well well look who I saw this morning. Funny this my first time seeing DHL. Its always UPS,FEDEX n USPS I seeView attachment 202647
Maybe it has the bumper flares on it. Was it heading to the Northeast?

I spoke with DHL Germany today and the last information they have as well is that it is in Frankfurt at the airport on the way to USPS. It has had that status since December 7th of 2020. It appears that DHL doesn't know where the package is.

I submitted a request for investigation to DHL Germany so we'll see what happens - unfortunately, it might take 3 weeks for them to respond with the results.

I'll circle back with DHL Germany at the end of the week, but I can't promise results.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So. It actually looks like we're in business. Tracking info on DHL's side hasn't changed, but the USPS side now shows this...

Screenshot_20210209-072258.png

Last edited:

cb1111

Interestingly enough, there was zero movement until yesterday.

1612879336010.png

It is kind of like when we're sitting at an extra long traffic light and my 96 year old mom (back seat driver) says "that's a really long light" and it invariably always turn green within a split second and she says "I should have said something sooner".

Now, let's hope that USPS didn't find the package under a 40 ft container in Frankfurt.

Acadia has done a fantastic job with this. I know he has been following up with DHL frequently and it has to be a royal headache for him.

As an aside, DHL is just awful. While the Germans have a reputation for efficiency and being on time, the German post office is far worse than USPS. DHL is owned by the German Post office.

Combine that with COVID and the ongoing German lockdown and it is a wonder that anything moves at all.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
tenor.gif

Me looking out my window at every little noise I hear to see if it's USPS dropping off a package...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ok, just a tease.

PXL_20210209_145819908.jpg

It got dropped off 2 minutes before I have to sign on to a meeting. Will tear into it in half an hour.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Some unboxing pics.

PXL_20210209_152803217.jpg

PXL_20210209_152919903.jpg

PXL_20210209_153302695.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210209_153306959.jpg
    PXL_20210209_153306959.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 50

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So from here.

I'm not going to open every set to inspect them, because they are already packaged perfectly for me to drop them in a new box and mail them off to everybody. I opened two sets, which would be mine and @Fliptrocity, since he'll come grab his set from my house, and they both look fine. I inspected the wrapped sets for each, and they all look good.

The box I was hoping to use from Staples (16" x 12" x 10"), is just slightly too small. It's supposed to start snowing again this afternoon, so weather permitting, I'll go out later today and find a suitable box for them. My goal is to have them all packaged up and dropped off at FedEx\UPS (will need to compare shipping prices) by Thursday, Friday at the latest. Once I get them packaged up and can see weight\sizes, I'll generate labels and send everyone their tracking numbers.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also, it wasn't caught on the other photos, but each one has it's own package of adhesive.

PXL_20210209_154757007.jpg