GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRS-Tec MK7 GTI Bumper Flare Group Buy

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I ordered mine on Sept 22nd, got it the first week of Oct, so a little under 2 weeks. But this was shipped to Hawaii 😬
*edit*
Glamour shots 😍
473E5217-0E3E-4815-97F5-FF5FE3B97D58.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F948413-633E-41F3-BF59-99F54C9B5CFE.jpeg
    4F948413-633E-41F3-BF59-99F54C9B5CFE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I'm in no rush either to get them. Gives me time to find some paint and gather some other mods for the front

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm thinking a Nardo Grey wrap might be in store come springtime, so mine will probably sit in a box for a little bit as well.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
It’s so dope/funny how all of us are so patient on this :ROFLMAO:

It’s coming either way!

Enjoy this standard ass bumper for now! Took this by the everglades.
599EFD7C-8072-4A21-B3FA-CBA8D15C16CB.jpeg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
So a little over two weeks from when you ordered it to when you get it, which isn't too bad coming international, during a pandemic. Ideally, I'd like to get these in everybody's hands by the end of December at the latest, but mostly everything is out of my control. I responded and gave them the shipping address and acknowledged two week lead time was fine. Once I get them, I can have them turned around and out the door to the buyers within 1 - 2 days. Just waiting on them.
Dont waste your new years eve on me!

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I’m gonna be honest guys. I got no idea how I’ma do this install. I might take it to body shop and have them paint it/add a film to prevent chips.

Anybody here considering having a shop do it? Just a thought

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I'm toying with that thought. I reached out to a couple local shops and have yet to hear back with a quote. I'm still debating between a flat or gloss color. Both look really good.

Fliptrocity

Car(s)
8v S3 | B9 A4
I've been giving some thought to having them painted white myself... saw a pic on IG of some dude who had his on an MK 7.5 wrapped to match the rest of the car and it looked pretty good.

Does sort defeat the purpose from an aesthetic/stand out point though.

My biggest concern apart from all that is what kind of glue to use... i'd like to have the option to remove and re-install them if I decide to get the car wrapped.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I feel the same way.

I thought about keeping it matte black to go with the fogs plastic and grill honeycomb. Then again I have eyelids on the headlights that are gloss black.

I also thought about painting the flares the same color as my car but shit idk!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wait for them to come in, take some pics of them unfinished on the car, and play around in Photoshop.

hoffnung

Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport
0916201808_HDR2.jpg

Here it is installed on mine. I had it painted in gloss black by a local shop for $100 flat including taxes. I deleted the OEM matte black side skirts and replaced them with Golf R replica side skirts. I also replaced my OEM rear diffuser with an aftermarket gloss black diffuser. Next step being to replace the matte black on the front end with gloss black. I will say it looks much better in person. As far as install goes, SRS-TEC provides a tube of Elch Pro P1 adhesive.

Last edited: