GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRS-Tec MK7 GTI Bumper Flare Group Buy

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
One spot open if someone would like a set! See this post for details!

(Mods, if this should be somewhere else, please move it)

So, based on this thread (which has some pictures of the product), it seems like there might be sufficient interest in a group buy to save on shipping. I'm creating a separate thread to try and create and organize a group buy.

This is the product.

1604508318273.png

Ordering alone, the cost to the US is 108.4€ plus 89€ for shipping. At the current exchange rate of 1€:$1.17, buying a set individually would be $231. Since the last communication with SRS-Tec I could find in that other thread was 3 years old, I emailed them to see where things stood currently. I got a response almost instantly of this:

1604508539216.png

Anywhere from 5 to 9 sets, we can get a 15% discount, and shipping would be 159€.

So where does that leave us?
5 people would be $145 USD + $20 USD for domestic distribution (USPS Large Flat Rate Box)
6 people would be $140 USD + $20 USD for domestic distribution (USPS Large Flat Rate Box)
7 people would be $135 USD + $20 USD for domestic distribution (USPS Large Flat Rate Box)
8 - 9 people would be $130 USD + $20 USD for domestic distribution (USPS Large Flat Rate Box)

Ok, getting to the bottom of it. I have no problem handling ordering and domestic distribution. I'll put a little 'About Me' below this, to try and instill some confidence that I can be trusted. They it would work is like this:
  • Say you want in, and send me the maximum amount of $165. Give me your email address, and I can send a PayPal invoice. You have to send the money up front to get in. From previous group buy experiences, having people say "Yeah, I'm in!" then having to chase them down for money is a major pain in the ass. Too many people say they want in, but when it comes time to pay up or shut up, they're not good for it. You're not in until the money is actually sent over.
  • Since I don't want to hold everyone's money forever, a time limit to join would be set by the end of the month, November 30th.
  • 24 hours after getting 5 people signed up and paid, the order will be placed.
  • If we've had more than 4 others buy in, I'll send a partial refund for the lower cost, up to $15 @ 8pcs.
  • When the order arrives, I'll package each set up, and send out via USPS Priority Mail.
  • You get it, mount it to your car, and become the envy around town.
  • If we haven't had 4 other people by December 1st, I send you your money back.
Who am I?

My name is Jon S., and live in RI. Unfortunately, I don't do social media, so I don't have a Facebook or anything I can provide. I am active on the forums here daily. We don't use anything to track it, but you can dig through my post history; I've done quite a bit of both buying and selling on the classifieds here.

I have 16 years of feedback on eBay. Over 400 positive feedback, with more than half of those being as a seller

https://www.ebay.com/usr/acadia18

1604510217803.png

Outside of my GTI, my other hobby is my computer, and I have over 40 confirmed positive trades on Reddit's /r/hardwareswap subreddit (again, most as a seller)

1604510383400.png

Going back even further, I have a bunch of positive older feedback from Heatware.com, back when that was a big thing to track forum classified credibilities

https://www.heatware.com/u/64421/to

1604510469607.png

Basically, I'm not in the business of scamming or ripping other people off.

Hopefully that gives enough credibility to make people feel comfortable sending me their money.

EDIT: THE ORDER WILL BE PLACED 24 HOURS AFTER REACHING 5 PEOPLE!
People in:
1. Acadia18
2. Chogokin
3. Fliptrocity
4. Leonardp
5. Icpanda.mk7
6. riceburner
7. Anthony 3o55
8. daujin229
9. DarkMagik

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What if we get like 20 people, would it be cheaper?

Honestly, I don't know.

You have to crawl before you can walk, and my own experience is small group buys have better chances of being successful. If 9 slots filled up in a week, and everyone sends me money, I'd have no problem going back to SRS and saying "Hey, how about 10 - 20 orders?". If they came back and said "Yeah, you'd get a 20% discount and shipping would be X!", then great! Partial refunds would be sent to accomodate that.

However, the group buy is being run as "Plan on paying $165 to get in. If it's less than that, great!", and I'll send a partial refund back to you. What I won't do, is have a bunch of people going "Oh, if we get 15 people and the cost is $X, count me in!" because that goes back into chasing people down for money territory, which I won't do.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
yeah i like this piece, but i think it would be easier to buy for like 100 vs 150+ :/

Based on the prices given, I doubt it would ever get that low unfortunately. The piece alone is about $127, which is excluding international and then domestic shipping. If shipping a box of 10 sets is $186, that's $18 per person in the group buy. Then another $20 to ship domestically from me to the buyer, it would have to be like a 50% discount on the part to hit the $100 price point.

Still, even with 5 people at $165 each, it's a savings of about $65 from the $230 it costs to buy a single set individually. Which isn't that bad.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I'll PM you. Hopefully we can get this ball rolling.

Copying your quote from the other thread, since it more applies to here.

That...and I don't think anyone actaully committed to conducting the group buy. Teemmy actually only lives 20 mins from me. He moved on from his Mk7 months ago.

The SRS package looks pretty big. If it had to be shipped out from So Cal to the east coast...it could be anywhere from $40 to 60.

It does look possible that I'm underestimating it fitting in a Large USPS Flat Rate Box (which is 12"x"12"x6"). But even if shipping changes to my own packaging, I have a pile of medium sized Staples shipping boxes (along with more Amazon boxes of various sizes that I can shake a fist at), which are 16"x12"x10", and via UPS Ground is $23 from RI to a random address in San Diego, up to 8lbs (they're just chunks of plastic, how heavy can they be?). Based on this picture, it looks like they would fit in a box that size.

1604520697686.png

Regardless, I'm confident shipping could be kept manageable. Even if I have to eat a couple of dollars in shipping, that's fine to me.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Do they make this style part for the 7.5?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So, @Chogokin is paid up and square.

@Fliptrocity is a personal friend of mine, and will be giving me money by the end of the week.

This has been updated to be that the order will be placed 24 hours after hitting 5 people. By Friday, 3 of those spots will be taken. So if you want some sweet bumper flares, let me know!

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I’ve had that SRS bookmarked when I came across it a few months back on here. I really like how it makes the Mk7 front bumper look.

Hope to see some pictures once you guys get it

Holding back on buying mods for abit😣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’ve had that SRS bookmarked when I came across it a few months back on here. I really like how it makes the Mk7 front bumper look.

Hope to see some pictures once you guys get it

Holding back on buying mods for abit😣

1604551527856.jpg