GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRS-Tec MK7 GTI Bumper Flare Group Buy

cb1111

Oh dang...for some reason I thought it was solid out back. Doesn't seem like a lot of room for the glue. Well...I haven't heard of any of these flying off...so far.

Lol...maybe @cb1111 can translate. 😁
I would have been happy to, but google did an OK job.

Where google dropped a ball a bit is where it says "apply adhesive to the adhesive area. While that is a word for word translation, in context is should really read "apply adhesive to the designated area for the adhesive.

But they don't really show you where the adhesive is supposed to go.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Hopefully I can drop mine off on Friday to get painted. Then I'm going to PPF it before installing.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I have an appointment at the body shop next week
I am curious on how much they charge to do a job like this. You gonna have them paint it and then install it same day?

Btw, the Mk7.5 comes with the flares matte black. You guys going matte or gloss on the flares?

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
I am curious on how much they charge to do a job like this. You gonna have them paint it and then install it same day?

Btw, the Mk7.5 comes with the flares matte black. You guys going matte or gloss on the flares?
Don’t know cost yet. Probably will drop them off to be painted along with a C.A.D. Spoiler extension. Plan to do the flares in flat black and spoiler extension in Pure White on top and gloss black on bottom to match existing spoiler.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm going to do gloss black. I think they are supposed to be similar to the bumper trim on the Clubsport. Its gloss black on the Clubsport.

I just checked the tracking number...its going to be delayed...due to weather.:cautious:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm going to do gloss black. I think they are supposed to be similar to the bumper trim on the Clubsport. Its gloss black on the Clubsport.

I just checked the tracking number...its going to be delayed...due to weather.:cautious:

You were the furthest away from the east coast :( Everyone else was either on the east coast, and a couple in IL. Nobody else out west.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I've decided on gloss black. Matches my DPC splitter and Aerofabb spoiler (unless I see more pictures to convince me otherwise).
Hopefully I can drop mine off on Friday to get painted. Then I'm going to PPF it before installing.
Are you going to PPF it yourself? If so, please let me know how that goes. I have to PPF my headlights so I might pick up some extra film then if it isn't too bad

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
You were the furthest away from the east coast :( Everyone else was either on the east coast, and a couple in IL. Nobody else out west.
Orly...only one? I feel special now.😅
I've decided on gloss black. Matches my DPC splitter and Aerofabb spoiler (unless I see more pictures to convince me otherwise).

Are you going to PPF it yourself? If so, please let me know how that goes. I have to PPF my headlights so I might pick up some extra film then if it isn't too bad
I think I'm going to have a shop do it. This seems like a one shot install. I'd hate to DIY it and have it peel a few weeks later.

cb1111

A couple of comments. If you're going to apply PPF, then you'll have to wait at least a couple of weeks for the paint to fully cure - but - consider if you really want to PPF that trim. Are you doing black? If so, then small chips won't be visible anyway and can be easily touched up.

If painting it body color, then chips will be visible, but repairs won't be visible based on their location so low down on the car.

PPF your headlights if you haven't already.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm going to wait a few days for the paint to fully cure. I want to PPF it because I don't want to touch up rock chips. They never look right. This is fiberglass. I would think that it would chip faster than the plastic used on the factory bumper.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Got the covers tonight. The fit is pretty flush...nothing that needs to be force fit. Taped it on for a quick test fit.

IMG_3384.JPG

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Dropped it off for paint today. Painter said it'll be ready on either Tuesday or Wednesday. He's charging me $50 for both. Going to wait a few days for the paint to cure before getting it wrapped. Hopefully I can install next weekend.