GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeaking and Grinding Noise from Front Passenger Wheel Area

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Been trying to figure this out for a little while now with no luck. Car just spent over 3 weeks at the dealer (for an unrelated issue) so the last thing I wanna do right now is drop it back off with them or anyone else.

I've been hearing squeaking from my front passenger wheel area when I turn the steering wheel to the right. It doesn't appear to squeak at all when turning and braking at the same time.
Sometimes when driving near a wall I hear grinding, sounds like I'm driving on a bare rim but quieter.

First thought was its a rock stuck in there somewhere but I've taken the wheel off and checked twice now. Didn't see anything stuck between the plate and the brake.
I don't think it's the wheel bearing because it's not noticeable at higher speeds and AFAIK wouldn't explain the squeaking.
The brake rotors & pads appear to be fine and function normally.
CV boot appears to be fine, no rips or other apparent problems that I could see.

Next thing I'll probably try is to remove the pad and caliper to see if somehow there's a stone stuck in there. Any other ideas in the meantime would be appreciated.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The dashcam isn't capturing the squeaks but here's a video where you can hear the grinding after the turn, may need to turn up your speakers

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Are you on aftermarket suspension at all? I had this issue with vwr springs binding when making right turns.

Edit: eh nvm doesn't sound like spring bind.