GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spyder Auto fog light install?

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
My Golf's trim level did not come with fog lights, and its one of those things I don't necessarily need, but would be nice to have, especially if I could have clear housings but with a yellow bulb. Anyways, I came across these aftermarket housings and I'm wondering if anyone has installed them or something similar and what would be involved? I like that, seemingly, it comes with all the necessary wiring and its own switch, so I wouldn't have to take out my current headlight switch and buy a new one. I would also like to avoid soldering and messing with any wires, would it be as simple as a subwoof install where you just need one wire on the battery, a ground, and something it activate them?

link: http://spyderauto.com/product.php?id=FL-VG2018-C

Attachments

• FL-VG2018-C__4.jpg
    FL-VG2018-C__4.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 85
  • FL-VG2018-C.jpg
    FL-VG2018-C.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 73

nonoabby123

Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
Sounds like you pretty much have the right idea about what's involved in the install.

It looks like a typical aftermarket relay harness:
- you are wiring it to positive on the battery and ground to the chassis
- the wired switch you will need to remove battery and run through the available grommets to pass thru firewall and find a spot inside the cabin.
-fog housings you will remove the bumper and blank trim to install new fogs and organize the relay harness to the lights.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Have you already ordered them? If not what's the price? The hardest part of the dog light install is wiring through the firewall. The most annoying part is removing the front bumper.

This doesn't avoid either of those things. Why not go for an OEM install? It'll get you cornering light functionality and bulb out monitoring.

I used this harness... Lengths, connectors, pins and wire colors were all correct.

OEM Fog Light Harness for VW Golf 7
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtevvtF

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
Have you already ordered them? If not what's the price? The hardest part of the dog light install is wiring through the firewall. The most annoying part is removing the front bumper.

This doesn't avoid either of those things. Why not go for an OEM install? It'll get you cornering light functionality and bulb out monitoring.

I used this harness... Lengths, connectors, pins and wire colors were all correct.

OEM Fog Light Harness for VW Golf 7
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtevvtF
I haven't ordered the Spyder ones yet, it's $156.80 CAD for everything included, which I suspect will be significantly cheaper than sourcing OEM fog lights.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh yeah, definitely more expensive, but should be leak free, haha. The ones you're looking could be equally leak free, I don't want to suggest I know anything about their quality.

And I just saw you're on a 2019, I was actually looking at pre-facelift part prices... might be even more expensive for you.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Dont know if you already purchased the fog lights assembly. If you did not., i may be able to sell my relatively new Oem Foglights that came out from 17 golf TSI. PM me if you are interested.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I haven't ordered the Spyder ones yet, it's $156.80 CAD for everything included, which I suspect will be significantly cheaper than sourcing OEM fog lights.
Depends on where you source your lights from. If you're willing to wait for shipping, E-acca.com might be worth a shot. I ordered my fogs from them when I did my retrofit, each one was 69 bucks a piece or around 140 USD for the set, cheaper than the 155ish the dealer wanted for one.