GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SportWagen is BestWagen. Change my mind!

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I stopped at my VW dealer today to get a part and while I was waiting I noticed that they didn't have any Golfs or even Jetta's and asked him about the people asking for a a Golf or SportWagen and he said no one does anymore. It's only common sense that if there was the demand for those cars VW would still be making them.
There is a reason why for the mk8 only the gti and r is coming to america. But it's the same for almost all brands. There is a higher profit margin on suvs then cars. And most people think by having a larger vehicle that sits high it's safer. With gas cheaper then what it once was you all continue to more sales of trucks and suvs. But if gas ever goes back up to over 4 dollars a gallon again you going to see a lot of car company start to struggle again with them canceling most of there cars.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There is a reason why for the mk8 only the gti and r is coming to america. But it's the same for almost all brands. There is a higher profit margin on suvs then cars. And most people think by having a larger vehicle that sits high it's safer. With gas cheaper then what it once was you all continue to more sales of trucks and suvs. But if gas ever goes back up to over 4 dollars a gallon again you going to see a lot of car company start to struggle again with them canceling most of there cars.
You're absolutely correct.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Oh man if gas hits 4$ suv sales will plummet. 4 cylinder crossovers might be okay

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Oh man if gas hits 4$ suv sales will plummet. 4 cylinder crossovers might be okay
Premium hit $3.00 per gallon in Phoenix today. It's gone up 75 cents per gallon in the last 6 weeks. I sure do remember the $4.00 per gallon gas. I made deliveries in a cargo van and gas was costing me $75 per day.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Premium hit $3.00 per gallon in Phoenix today. It's gone up 75 cents per gallon in the last 6 weeks. I sure do remember the $4.00 per gallon gas. I made deliveries in a cargo van and gas was costing me $75 per day.
Yep just filled up today at costco was 2.88 a gallon usually fill up every 5 days or less and each time it's been about 10 cents more then last time. Had a suburban with a small lift and oversized tires when gas was $4 cost me around 150 a week to fill up. Hope doesn't happen again but looks like it might get close to it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yep just filled up today at costco was 2.88 a gallon usually fill up every 5 days or less and each time it's been about 10 cents more then last time. Had a suburban with a small lift and oversized tires when gas was $4 cost me around 150 a week to fill up. Hope doesn't happen again but looks like it might get close to it.
I fill up about every 3-6 weeks. I don’t drive much. During covid when gas was barely two dollars I was filling up every other day. Sometimes barely pumping 1.50$ in the tank LOL

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
With you on the wagon love, though agree that most still see wagons like this:
1614661120778.png

Plus America loves SUVs like everyone was saying. Which was true some odd years back before gas jumped up to 4 bucks a gallon plus. Then all the sudden a Prius was baller. :ROFLMAO:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The cheapest premium (91) around me is right around $3.70/gal, and that's at Costco. Plenty of stations within a few minutes that have it at $4+. Same with the diesel I need. And as we do in CA, increase the taxes on gas (which I don't like, but okay, fix the roads) and then divert the additional revenue away from the infrastructure budget (uuggghhhh).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Personally. I’d make a grill cheese sandwich with Mayo on the exterior for a bugeye wagon. I love wagons. Super practical!

Not even going to get into this wagon discussion again 😂

OLD MEN RULE

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
It's the US market, people here are buying suv's , trucks and other over stuffed transport.
I blame VOLKSWAGEN USA for the wagon and alltrak going away, they never marketed them no adverts only sights like this
let the insiders know about these great cars.
Also no more GOLFS for the US market, but thank you for the GTI and GOLF R.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
With you on the wagon love, though agree that most still see wagons like this:
View attachment 204852

Plus America loves SUVs like everyone was saying. Which was true some odd years back before gas jumped up to 4 bucks a gallon plus. Then all the sudden a Prius was baller. :ROFLMAO:

I love that Aunt Edna is pictured on the roof. They forgot the graffiti, though.