GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rennwagen Spoiler Extensions

MK7Swaggn

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
View attachment 212605

Personally, I'd call the finish on mine "perfect".
You and I have a totally different definition of "perfect" The that finish is terrible. I understand its powder coated and some wrinkles are expected, but personally, if I were making that product I would take one look at that finish and say this simply will not do and find another solution. Perfect to me would be something that matches the piano black on the side trim of the spoiler. Those pieces have a mirror gloss black finish. I am glad you are happy with it but I would not settle for that. I will be looking else where. After some further research it seems Aerofabb is made with a piano black finish just like the side pieces. I also find it interesting how similar the Rennwagen and Aerofabb spoiler extensions are in design. I wonder whom is ripping off whom?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You and I have a totally different definition of "perfect" The that finish is terrible. I understand its powder coated and some wrinkles are expected, but personally, if I were making that product I would take one look at that finish and say this simply will not do and find another solution. Perfect to me would be something that matches the piano black on the side trim of the spoiler. Those pieces have a mirror gloss black finish. I am glad you are happy with it but I would not settle for that. I will be looking else where. After some further research it seems Aerofabb is made with a piano black finish just like the side pieces. I also find it interesting how similar the Rennwagen and Aerofabb spoiler extensions are in design. I wonder whom is ripping off whom?

Bruh.

If you order a pizza, take a bite and go "This is a terrible burger, I expected it to be like that" and point to the burger your friend ordered, people will call you crazy.

The Aerofabb spoiler is painted plastic. This spoiler is powder coated aluminum. They're two different things. Both are fine. It's up to the buyer to decide which they want. If you're not happy with the way this one is made, don't buy it. It's that simple. I don't think I've ever seen anybody say anything negative or talk down about the Aerofabb (asides from their lead time), so if you want that, get it. No skin off anyone elses back.

But you can't call a pizza terrible just because you wanted a burger. Of course it will never meet those expectations.

MK7Swaggn

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Bruh.

If you order a pizza, take a bite and go "This is a terrible burger, I expected it to be like that" and point to the burger your friend ordered, people will call you crazy.

The Aerofabb spoiler is painted plastic. This spoiler is powder coated aluminum. They're two different things. Both are fine. It's up to the buyer to decide which they want. If you're not happy with the way this one is made, don't buy it. It's that simple. I don't think I've ever seen anybody say anything negative or talk down about the Aerofabb (asides from their lead time), so if you want that, get it. No skin off anyone elses back.

But you can't call a pizza terrible just because you wanted a burger. Of course it will never meet those expectations.
I could understand your analogy if I were comparing a pizza to a burger but comparing a spoiler extensions to another spoiler extension is a pretty reasonable comparison. Further more I am asking about the fit and finish of the product which could be reasonably compared to other parts on the car as well.

I am curious where you got your information about the Aerofabb one being painted plastic? I don’t see anything like that listed on the website

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It’s not painted, it’s gloss black lexan/plastic. Great shine and look but crazy easy to scratch, the unfortunate part about the material other than the scratches is the cut edge is raw and dull and doesn’t look like you could ever polish it to make it shine like the surfaces

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It’s not painted, it’s gloss black lexan/plastic. Great shine and look but crazy easy to scratch, the unfortunate part about the material other than the scratches is the cut edge is raw and dull and doesn’t look like you could ever polish it to make it shine like the surfaces

Thanks for the clarification AJ. I knew it was a 'high impact plastic', and could have sworn I read it was painted.

I could understand your analogy if I were comparing a pizza to a burger but comparing a spoiler extensions to another spoiler extension is a pretty reasonable comparison. Further more I am asking about the fit and finish of the product which could be reasonably compared to other parts on the car as well.

I am curious where you got your information about the Aerofabb one being painted plastic? I don’t see anything like that listed on the website

The comparison is more being done of food to food. I guess I could have compared a ground beef burger to a black bean veggie burger. The point is that while they're similar, one isn't going to be like the other, it's just the way they're made. There's nothing wrong with not liking the Rennwagen spoiler. Saying "Nah, it's got too much orange peel for my taste." is fine. Nobody is forcing anybody to like it. But saying "The quality is terrible" because you're trying to hold it to an expectation is was never going to be, or compare it to a different product made in a different way is the completely wrong way to do it.

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
I bought the aerofab hoping to make it fit my wagon. It cut me taking it out of the box and I scratched it with a microfiber putting it back in. I’ll take some orange peel if anyone ever makes it for the wagon.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
And while it wasn't specifically brought up (I'm bringing it up just to point out that this isn't a flaw specific to the Rennwagen Spoiler or something he's doing "wrong"), the Strafe Designs spoiler, which is a more apt comparison because it is powdercoated aluminum, has the same level of orange peel texture:

1620262096442.png

It's just the way basic powder coated aluminum is.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
And while it wasn't specifically brought up (I'm bringing it up just to point out that this isn't a flaw specific to the Rennwagen Spoiler or something he's doing "wrong"), the Strafe Designs spoiler, which is a more apt comparison because it is powdercoated aluminum, has the same level of orange peel texture:

View attachment 212680

Gasp

Baliztik

Car(s)
MK7 R

I think it's really poor taste to make a new account, say you've been a long time lurker, ask for pictures of finish and then once you get them bash a product based on your opinion.

You're new to the community. This is the guy's for sale ad. Do this bashing somewhere else. You've highlighted the "flaws". Now let it be, from your first post you've implied this isn't a product you'd choose. Why continue to post here if you've already made up your mind? Let others make their decision without senseless additional input.

MK7Swaggn

Car(s)
MK7 GTI

View attachment 212680

I actually did ask for a comparison of the Strafe Design spoiler so thank you for that. Also I never said the quality was terrible I was referring to the finish.

MK7Swaggn

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I think it's really poor taste to make a new account, say you've been a long time lurker, ask for pictures of finish and then once you get them bash a product based on your opinion.

You're new to the community. This is the guy's for sale ad. Do this bashing somewhere else. You've highlighted the "flaws". Now let it be, from your first post you've implied this isn't a product you'd choose. Why continue to post here if you've already made up your mind? Let others make their decision without senseless additional input.
Welcome to the internet, you must be new here. This thread is full of opinions, mine just happens to be different than everyone else's.